General Players out on loan

Spasov and Lofthouse appear to be doing pretty well in a team in the top half of the NL.
Over recent years, have any of our players been as successful? Baptiste did well at Hampton and Richmond but they were playing at a lower level.
Hopefully it is an indication that level of the young players coming through is improving.

Spasov and Lofthouse appear to be doing pretty well in a team in the top half of the NL.
Over recent years, have any of our players been as successful? Baptiste did well at Hampton and Richmond but they were playing at a lower level.
Hopefully it is an indication that level of the young players coming through is improving.

They're basically the only two young players (in recent years) who have got a loan at the highest level of non-league. Practically all others have been in the regional conference leagues or below.
The fact they're doing well in a side in the top half is excellent and shows some positive signs for sure.

Edit - Max Crocombe did go out on loan to the Conference with Nuneaton and Southport. But I think he's the only one.

I was thinking more of our own young players than those signed from elsewhere.
He was also already 21 when signed. (Using that as a cut-off like the EFL have done this season)

Watched most of the game. Lofthouse started and Spasov has come in for the final 10 minutes. 0-0 at the moment. Proper old conference battle. Both teams trying to do the right thing but cancelling each other out. So pleased we don’t have to watch that level every week.

Very very good grounding for our young players though as there’s no hiding place at that level!

Fabio Lopes has joined Chippenham Town in the NL South on loan for a month. Given the situation with Covid, it'll be interesting to see if he actually plays that many games.

Fabio Lopes has joined Chippenham Town in the NL South on loan for a month. Given the situation with Covid, it'll be interesting to see if he actually plays that many games.

Wasn't he injured during/after his spell at biggleswade? Hope this goes well

I know he got sent off and had a 3 match ban (iirc) but don't know about injury.
Think it might have been after as I seem to remember it mentioned in passing n terms of the squad for one of the pizza games

Good to see him go up a level. Hope he gets to play a game or two!

Chambers-parillon came on at 70mins today. Asonganyi got an assist in a 3-3 draw with Billericay (Chelmsford were 3-0 down)

United in the EFL Troophy semi finals and Oxford City in the FA Trophy quarter finals too.

They could come up against our useful feeder club in Woking in that.

This thread should mention Michael Elechi joining City too.

Back
Top Bottom