General Players out on loan

LCP to Gloucester
Gloucester City are playing Folkstone Invicta in FA Cup ( or some sort of cup tie?) tomorrow

its ridiculous that Gloucester City (and Brackley Town) are (both) in National league north
there's probably a few other non league clubs who are in the 'wrong' National league too
( TBH I cant be bothered to look).... still, LCP will get plenty of experience of long coach journeys,
travelling up n down the country
- fuel supply chain allowing

good luck to him

Gloucester City are playing Folkstone Invicta in FA Cup ( or some sort of cup tie?) tomorrow

its ridiculous that Gloucester City (and Brackley Town) are (both) in National league north
there's probably a few other non league clubs who are in the 'wrong' National league too
( TBH I cant be bothered to look).... still, LCP will get plenty of experience of long coach journeys,

good luck to him
Oxford City were in the North division for a while.

1633082914107.png

good luck to him

The regional National leagues are very lopsided geographically. There are 8 teams in the South that are either Essex or Kent based.

"North" is basically anywhere north of Watford.

I think it was 3 as that was negotiated as a minimum time period.
Vaguely recall it was when Mike Ford was managing City? ( could be wrong?) and City were set to be in Nat' League North, then it changed to Nat League South only a couple of weeks (?) prior to that season starting, and Fordy complaining that hed been getting players to play in Nat' League North , being switched to Nat' League South had kind of messed up his squad (player locations etc), think @SteMerritt will know the actual story on that?

Vaguely recall it was when Mike Ford was managing City? ( could be wrong?) and City were set to be in Nat' League North, then it changed to Nat League South only a couple of weeks (?) prior to that season starting, and Fordy complaining that hed been getting players to play in Nat' League North , being switched to Nat' League South had kind of messed up his squad (player locations etc), think @SteMerritt will know the actual story on that?

That was Banbury being moved at short notice when they reorganised lower non League football a season or 2 ago wasn't it? Or did both get affected in the same way?

That was Banbury being moved at short notice when they reorganised lower non League football a season or 2 ago wasn't it? Or did both get affected in the same way?
think it mayve been?

No would have been around 2014/15, so little bruv would have been City manager at the time they were in the North Section, then he handed over to Mark Jones about 3 years later. Fordie would have been the Banbury manager then I think.

No would have been around 2014/15, so little bruv would have been City manager at the time they were in the North Section, then he handed over to Mark Jones about 3 years later. Fordie would have been the Banbury manager then I think.
cheers for clarifying @SteMerritt ..... as per my memory aint all that at times

cheers for clarifying @SteMerritt ..... as per my memory aint all that at times
To be fair, mine isn't either, anything 1980 till we left The Manor I'm fine with, anything Minchery Farm just all blurs into one! That goes for most things, not just OUFC. Obscure 1980s Indie track, remember every word. Anything released last year? Not a chance of remembering it.

Tried to find out how our young assets were getting on in the respective loans on Saturday at half time.... but there was some kind of embargo on FA Cup qualifying matches on line ( no 'live' results, no ht scores, and results were- for some reason- 'with held until after the fa cup games had been played..... which I thought was a bit odd to say the least

Tried to find out how our young assets were getting on in the respective loans on Saturday at half time.... but there was some kind of embargo on FA Cup qualifying matches on line ( no 'live' results, no ht scores, and results were- for some reason- 'with held until after the fa cup games had been played..... which I thought was a bit odd to say the least

Not an embargo, just generally a lack of information provided to the central feed that score sites etc. take from for such games as sometimes the infrastructure at the lowest clubs doesn't allow for quick updates to be sent through.

Back
Top Bottom