General Players, other.

Mellowyellow

Kelleher, Raglan, Jonte Smith, McMahon.
Where do these guys fit into next season. Raglan, may be released, but I thought he was good cover for the centre backs. Kelleher seems to have played a lot for Macclesfield, so may be here next season.
McMahon, after Scunthorpe's relegation, would presumably be looking for a first division club up north, unless he can be persuaded to move south with his family. He again played well for us.
Jonte Smith, an anomaly. When Ive seen him he looks a threat, but I've not seen enough games to see if he deserves a new contract. Maybe another 6 month contract, even though we have a year option on him.

Where do these guys fit into next season. Raglan, may be released, but I thought he was good cover for the centre backs. Kelleher seems to have played a lot for Macclesfield, so may be here next season.
McMahon, after Scunthorpe's relegation, would presumably be looking for a first division club up north, unless he can be persuaded to move south with his family. He again played well for us.
Jonte Smith, an anomaly. When Ive seen him he looks a threat, but I've not seen enough games to see if he deserves a new contract. Maybe another 6 month contract, even though we have a year option on him.

Jonte is the only one who may be with us next year.

All will go I am guessing.
Raglan has said that he wants to stay at Cheltenham, KR said that Kelleher would not be here. KR has also said that Smith hadn't done enough to get into the first team squad even at the end of the season.
McMahon will want to stay up North maybe at Scunthorpe?

I thought it was said in the KR interview that Keheller wasn't considered good enough? May have misread that though.

Yes, that's what he said. The only one even likely to be with us us Smith, and he won't be in the first team squad unless he has an amazing pre-season.

All will most likely be gone in the summer.

Raglan and Kelleher will probably go to mid-level L2 clubs.

McMahon will probably be at a bottom half L1 club, maybe upper level L2. Definitely up north.

Jonte will probably drop back down, albeit not as far down as where we picked him up, maybe National League. We'd have seen more of him if he was in Karl's plans. I think he was only brought in as the last available cover for a position we desperately needed to bolster.

Sold? Who would buy him?!

Bit cynical, but our Facebook post announcing him on deadline day got quite a lot of far east comments and likes. Also considered changing national allegiance to China. Might be a good investment to the right club for non-football reasons if we let him go for peanuts.

Bit cynical, but our Facebook post announcing him on deadline day got quite a lot of far east comments and likes. Also considered changing national allegiance to China. Might be a good investment to the right club for non-football reasons if we let him go for peanuts.

He was a Far East publicity stunt signing rather than a just a ‘random’ signing. I don’t think everyone grasped that at the time.

While we are at, can anyone say what is happening with Rufus Brevitt, Matt Murphy, Gary Smart and Sean Reck?

I wonder if any of these fit into next season, and if they don't I blame Robinson! And Wilder! And bloody Horton!!!

Tsun Dai is still listed as an Oxford United loan player on the FC Utrecht website.

Didn’t a Chinese club offer Scunthorpe 4mill for Van Veen at one point? Maybe we should get on the blower and have there trousers off.

Just read on the FC Utrecht site that they have an option to buy him at the end of the season. The season is not over in Holland yet, and no mention of talks with OUFC.

Back
Top Bottom