Players and staff not paid for March

Explain how he's going to exploit the club, we have nothing so getting something out of nothing explain.
where are the buyers you seem to know about ?????

OM updated article explains the situation in a bit more detail now

Money was indeed held up. Player wages covered from ‘Other areas’

Lidl’s own brand of digestives rather than Mcvities at the training ground this month then.. ?
Still no excuse, seems the OM are trying to take the heat of Tigger.

TO staff will be working today, because they support the club. But if I was them, I'd be walking out on Monday if the money isn't in my bank!

Explain how he's going to exploit the club, we have nothing so getting something out of nothing explain.
where are the buyers you seem to know about ?????

Forgive me if I avoid UK libel laws. I’ll let you enjoy the rich fruits of your imagination.

There have always been people willing to buy this club as referenced by previous owners.. Eales himself spoke of many regular interested parties . If you recall that was his reason for investing. To be able to sell to a future investor. I do not need to name them for it to be true just as I couldn’t have named Kassel, Lenagan, Sartori or Eales to know they existed

Forgive me if I avoid UK libel laws. I’ll let you enjoy the rich fruits of your imagination.

There have always been people willing to buy this club as referenced by previous owners.. Eales himself spoke of many regular interested parties . If you recall that was his reason for investing. To be able to sell to a future investor. I do not need to name them for it to be true just as I couldn’t have named Kassel, Lenagan, Sartori or Eales to know they existed
Ricky, I always listen to and respect your views but. .
The ground is clearly a way of potentially making money (new ground).
Without that the only way of breaking even/ making anh money is through success/ selling players.
Tiger must be £m's down already.
How could he exploit the club without the new ground?

Still doesn't answer how he's going to exploit club ,please tell us or just tell how anyone can i'm interested not getting at you far from it but we have no assets!!!

Libel - a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation.

Doesn't say much for your argument if you believe it to be false......

More the fact I don’t have the resource or access to prove it. I’ve interviewed enough very senior business leaders to recognize red flags and pull puzzles together though.

It was a sweetly angled response though and I appreciate the challenge to my wording.

Let’s throw this the other way.

1. Do you think he has good intent for the club?

2. Do you think he has the capability and desire to invest resource to achieve the model suggested above?

3. Do you think his record indicates a man who respects the club?

4. Do you think his governance of money so far has been sound? (Inference for you to let you interpret that)

5. Do you think his dealings at Reading should be considered?

All that but and its a big BUT how's he going to exploit the club thats all im asking you said it not me again HOW

This was always going to happen one day, the guy has no respect for doing things properly and he has now stooped to the complete low of not paying the staff.

I don't buy the money held up line. You should allow more time to make the bank transfer if this was a possibility. And a transfer between Bank A and Bank B with a proven history of previous transfers will not be under much scrutiny unless this months transfer was massively bigger than usual but I can't image that would be. Unless this month's money transfer has come from a new fund source so extra compliance checks are needed? If so who and where.

The other thing that doesn't make sense is why spend and grow the youth set up so much (there is clearly far more being spent than in the IL/ DE era)
The model appears to be develop young players to play in first team or sell on.

So according to BBC oxford sport it is a compliance issue.

To give a bit of a different perspective on this from personal experience.... I work for a company that has/does receive fairly significant investments from overseas, often south east Asia, and can say this is a very credible excuse. The issue is very tight compliance laws due to the money laundering act. We have had things tied up for months for various checks with no warning, and often have to stagger investments over long period to remain under certain thresholds. Always worse when money coming from areas like se Asia, and rather ironically in relation to this case, when the figure is higher.
What also appears to make this situation worse is it seems to money comes from a number of accounts(personal?) of the directors.

Totally agree they should be aware of this risks and have a contingency of cash available. However, my belief is still the payment issues are still largely to do with these sort of issues, rather than money not being there at all.

They have had more then sufficient time at the helm to put procedures in place to overcome these compliance and money laundering processes.

Simple matter of incompetence.

This is becoming a circus with far too many clowns.

The bigger question is does ANYONE have any idea why he wanted to get involved with us. Apart from having some, apparently wealthy, friends who have put there names down as fellow directors but who are remaining it seems on the periphery, there doesn’t appear to be any cohesive plan going forward or even a stable and structured business plan. And this over a YEAR on from his arrival. All we get from him is the U18s/23s, Women’s team, community work and (as yet, not completed) training ground held up as the barometer for his achievements here. All laudable in there own right but with the right people already at the club looking after these areas, it could be argued that, training ground excepted, they would have ticked along nicely with or without him at the helm.

Is the big picture real estate linked to a new ground and we’re just treading water as a club until that - if ever - comes to fruition?

If it’s not HMRC it’s the staff......somewhere Tiger is supposed to be fit and proper

All that but and its a big BUT how's he going to exploit the club thats all im asking you said it not me again HOW
See my response above.

Although....
It is no longer upon people to explain why he isn’t fit and proper.

It’s up to others to advocate why he should be entitled to remain custodian of this local institution

The bigger question is does ANYONE have any idea why he wanted to get involved with us. Apart from having some, apparently wealthy, friends who have put there names down as fellow directors but who are remaining it seems on the periphery, there doesn’t appear to be any cohesive plan going forward or even a stable and structured business plan. And this over a YEAR on from his arrival. All we get from him is the U18s/23s, Women’s team, community work and (as yet, not completed) training ground held up as the barometer for his achievements here. All laudable in there own right but with the right people already at the club looking after these areas, it could be argued that, training ground excepted, they would have ticked along nicely with or without him at the helm.

Is the big picture real estate linked to a new ground and we’re just treading water as a club until that - if ever - comes to fruition?
What is happening is shockingly incompetent and, I suspect (from reading peoples experiences who have knowledge) misguided cultural issues)
But look at the youth set up. That hardly suggests treading water?
Tiger could easily have run down the youth set up like Kassam did. Instead he appears to be spending a lot more on it.
Why?

The other thing that doesn't make sense is why spend and grow the youth set up so much (there is clearly far more being spent than in the IL/ DE era)
The model appears to be develop young players to play in first team or sell on.

Understand this angle but show me the numbers. Show me the genuine investment from Tiger according to the accounts in 6-12months time. Not sure it will be quite the extravagance we’ve been led to believe

Yet again, the club are suffering from a cash flow issue and playing the last possible day to get money moved. At some point, the board need to have a better process in place than relying on the money not getting stuck somewhere and having to scrabble around to pay people.

As someone who suffered a couple of late pay days at a company I worked, it's not nice and the club really need to be better organised to remove the vagaries of money laundering regulations from key dates each month.

Not every transaction is subject to scrutiny, rather like import/export, some shipments get inspected, most are waived through. Unless there is/was something unusual with this month, we have just been hit by a random search; it happens and there is little you can do once selected......

Back
Top Bottom