Players and staff not paid for March

Yellowbelly

I understand from senior members of the club that players and staff haven’t been paid today.

Cash flow problem getting the money over from Thailand.

Poor Ticket office staff, this is their living and they are being tested like this. Tigger kinda hinted this in the 5 min phone in on Thursday. Wonder if Mr K has been paid!

Last edited:
Jeez here we go again...

If this is true what a fantastic way to motivate the players before a big game tomorrow... I’ll wait for confirmation but would be unforgivable. Basic incompetence rather than stubbornness.

Would explain the further ‘we will get things wrong’ ‘bumps in the road’ trotted out earlier in the week. Hope OM press officials for answers tomorrow

Sorry, I popped down to the training ground for a cold shower and got lost in the overgrown grass! It's gone crazy since those mowers were repossessed!!

Haven't heard anything about this particular rumour, and I guess some will be closer than I am and may know more. Do staff usually get paid last working day, or the last day of the month? I'm sure we'll hear more tomorrow one way or another.

I heard players and staff havent been paid... from several different and reliable sources in the last hour or two

players contracts apparently have a clause that 'allows' , for want of a better term, under certain circumstances for their pay to be delayed for up to two weeks

Staff contracts hower dont have a similar clause, regarding non payment of staff, I understand the club are in breach of (employment) contract with staff ( terms and conditions) . Unlikely though it is any staff are entitled to not show up for work (tomorrow) without them being in breach of any employment laws

Oufc owner is in the UK now, lets hope he bought a suitcase full of Sterling cash , or he has an international paypal account so it gets sorted asap if not sooner

Sorry, I popped down to the training ground for a cold shower and got lost in the overgrown grass! It's gone crazy since those mowers were repossessed!!

Haven't heard anything about this particular rumour, and I guess some will be closer than I am and may know more. Do staff usually get paid last working day, or the last day of the month? I'm sure we'll hear more tomorrow one way or another.
Never get paid on a weekend. So today I guess.

Skint !? Rather than basic incompetence or stubbornness I would guess.

Anyway, here we go again, more uncertainty and trepidation at this pivotal time of the season.

I sincerely hope this is not the case, particularly for all the staff concerned and the wider Clubs interest as a whole.

COYY

Jeez here we go again...

If this is true what a fantastic way to motivate the players before a big game tomorrow... I’ll wait for confirmation but would be unforgivable. Basic incompetence rather than stubbornness.

I’m stood with staff righ now. Take it up with radio Oxford tomorrow but I can assure you that this is correct

Jeez here we go again...

It is true.

Last working day of the month

Ooooouch. Just when a bit of positivity is returning, Tigger pulls another of his tricks out of the bag.

Hearing that the players have(now) been paid ...albeit late .... as in later than they shoulve been !
regarding staff, I dont know if theyve, as yet been paid

Playing the late payment 'game' with even the likes of HMRC and the consequenses of that is one thing

not paying players or staff on time is totally another...wrong, wrong , wrong on all levels

how about if we all ordered STs for next season, but dont pay for them until after next season? its pretty much the same thing as that our owner seems to think is acceptable?

it isnt!

Last edited:
Has this been sorted
No one can be paid this time of night
I work part time at the club and I've been paid I've just looked
How did this story start lol

Back
Top Bottom