Players and staff not paid for March

Tiger is at the game tonorrow and fans need to have their voices heard that this is not ok and the club is not being run in the right way. This has a real effect on people’s lives and our club is once again in the news for all the wrong reasons.

100% correct. The club is lacking in leadership, direction and financial control.

Tiger/ McWilliams cannot continue to make excuses for his own incompetence. Fan opinion needs to be heard (date I say it, on behalf of the players)

100% correct. The club is lacking in leadership, direction and financial control.

Tiger/ McWilliams cannot continue to make excuses for his own incompetence. Fan opinion needs to be heard (date I say it, on behalf of the players)

Tiger must be deluded if he thought this news would not get leaked. And even more so if he thought the fans wouldn't react too it!

He will be squirming in his seat tomorrow afternoon!

Tiger must be deluded if he thought this news would not get leaked. And even more so if he thought the fans wouldn't react too it!

Rest assured he will not be sitting comfortably tomorrow

I understand from senior members of the club that players and staff haven’t been paid today.

Cash flow problem getting the money over from Thailand.

It is utterly stupid that Tiger hasn't simply transferred over what fund the club require for the season. This dipping into a foreign pot has caused problems in the past, so it is sheer idiocy from a supposed businessman that you won't take steps to prevent cashflow issues happening again. The man is a clown.

This is sheer incompetance.
Let’s hope that all those affected have been kept fully informed by the club.

The main problem for me is that this proves Tiger hasn't got any financial clout as he hinted there might be problems and couldn't do anything to prevent it.

I wonder if the answer to the question "should you leave some money in the UK for the club to use in emergencies" was answered "no" simply because he hasnt got it available?

Spoke to a mate this evening, a player, who confirms all of the above. Late movement of money, due to goings on in Thailand. Staff though haven't been paid. The above comment about rent due not being paid, is news to him, as players have been promised they would be kept informed of club issues as a reassurance, following the previous winding up orders.

If true that transferring of money from Thailand could be delayed, is it possible that whilst payments were made at the same time as previous months they are taking longer to be received? I'm not excusing this at all, as if true it could have easily been avoided. However, may (again) be bad financial management rather than no funds.

If true that transferring of money from Thailand could be delayed, is it possible that whilst payments were made at the same time as previous months they are taking longer to be received? I'm not excusing this at all, as if true it could have easily been avoided. However, may (again) be bad financial management rather than no funds.

Christ, it must be serious if you are only being 97% positive about the club [emoji6]

We won't ever get a straight answer, whatever the reason.

I'm no accountant, but you could try just moving the date a bit earlier or have some form of money buffer in this country. It's a revolutionary concept I know...

If this happened in any other country the day before a home game there would be absolute f*cking bedlam in the home end.
You can support the team while making your voices known to the director's box, one doesn't negate the other.

Spoke to a mate this evening, a player, who confirms all of the above. Late movement of money, due to goings on in Thailand. Staff though haven't been paid. The above comment about rent due not being paid, is news to him, as players have been promised they would be kept informed of club issues as a reassurance, following the previous winding up orders.
You’re about 60 and you have a mate who’s a player?

its disgraceful, unforgivable and should'n't've happened at all, it's an absolute no no to mess around with paying money that people have earned

we have a game tomorrow where 3 points is , IMO, a must .... the supporters need to get behind the team for the duration .... however , this latest financial bungle in a series of debacles, all related to not paying bills on time cannot be allowed to pass without anything said, done or made known , in no uncertain terms , to the owner and any other board members at the game, by the supporters en masse - this playing games with finances must stop and stop right now. it should have stopped after the first HMRC - which we were lied to by a director when he said it wouldnt happen again!!!!

An entire back wall of upside down flags and banners in the east stand may convey a message.... if the Ultras will come out of retirement albeit for this one game, to help make the point it would be more than welcome IMO

to paraphrase an ultras banner of a while ago I've had it with all the lies and bow thais .... not paying staff as contracted is a breach of contract, therefore its breaking the law, paying players later as well simply not right, were in a relegation dogfight, so unsettle the players by paying them late what a genius way of doing things, not!, how i feel at the moment is that as far as the owner and the board are concerned, its gone beyond the last straw. ... you dont ever mess people around on paying them what theyve earnt

Shame on oufc owner

I'm no accountant, but you could try just moving the date a bit earlier or have some form of money buffer in this country. It's a revolutionary concept I know...

If this happened in any other country the day before a home game there would be absolute f*cking bedlam in the home end.
You can support the team while making your voices known to the director's box, one doesn't negate the other.
As I've said, this could and should have been avoided. However, I'm sure most major businesses have pay structures in place to ensure all wages go out on the last day of the month/last working day/last friday whatever. It may not be so easy as to change one payment date to counter a possible issue. Potentially all transactions were made as usual, but exceptional demand (year end in Thailand) means there is a delay in payments being made at this end. We've had our own banks, barclaycard, o2 etc crash at any given time and delays have occurred.

I'm not underestimating how difficult it is for those who haven't been paid (and no reason not to accept this is the case). But hopefully, for all involved, this will be resolved very early tomorrow and a full explanation given. Tiger has missed the vast majority of games so it would be bizarre (even more bizarre than everything else that's happened this season) if he picked one game to attend knowing that wages weren't covered.

We may get a straight answer but that doesn't mean that it will be believed.
Even you cannot be this deluded. Come on. This is just ludicrous. An owner that does not ensure that his employees are paid is not fit to own that business.
Cash flow, my a**e. Cash shy more like. What's the betting he doesn't have the balls to show up at the game tomorrow?

As I've said, this could and should have been avoided. However, I'm sure most major businesses have pay structures in place to ensure all wages go out on the last day of the month/last working day/last friday whatever. It may not be so easy as to change one payment date to counter a possible issue. Potentially all transactions were made as usual, but exceptional demand (year end in Thailand) means there is a delay in payments being made at this end. We've had our own banks, barclaycard, o2 etc crash at any given time and delays have occurred.

I'm not underestimating how difficult it is for those who haven't been paid (and no reason not to accept this is the case). But hopefully, for all involved, this will be resolved very early tomorrow and a full explanation given. Tiger has missed the vast majority of games so it would be bizarre (even more bizarre than everything else that's happened this season) if he picked one game to attend knowing that wages weren't covered.
hope your right that unpaid wages are paid tomorrow @Scotchegg

a very measured and well put post too- a lot more understanding than I feel about it all, fair play to you

if this was the first time there had been 'problems' paying bills this season Id be more likely to be a bit more philosophical too

except it isnt the first time... it the latest in a catalogue of financial cock ups in just over a year... one mistake is a mistake, two is careless anymore is, I think an absolute disgrace, and incompetent .... it cant be that hard to have a uk account with adequate funds to cover bills and more importantly staff and players wages, yet those responsible haven't done so in over 12 months ... why not?

as for a full explanation? I for one wont hold my breath on anything resembling or bordering on a full explanation emanating from anyone on the current OUFC board

we are in a relegation dogfight.... so the owner by mismanagement of finances doesnt rock the good ship OUFC , he goes and capsizes it on the evening before a must win game by failing as contracted to do , pay staff on time , and pays players late.... genius management that definately is not

Back
Top Bottom