Player of the year

werthersoriginal

It’s hard to think who it will be, isn’t it? Eastwood is good but maybe less so than last year. Ledson? Up and down. Anyone else?

It's Eastwood, he's not been as good as last year but he's been generally solid pretty much all season, bar the odd mistake that most keepers make, he also had that short stretch of really really good play

Ledson has been inconsistent all season and whilst I think that's mostly down to the players around him and the fact he's being made to do too much, that doesn't really win him points in the player of the year debate

Henry is finally playing like the player we thought he was when we signed him. and he's scored some really big goals for us, and if he continues right until the end of the season he might nick it, but at the moment his poor start means I can't have him above Easty

I don't think there's a single other player who could even be in the discussion, pretty much everyone else has either been shite, injured or shite AND injured

Wes was probably our best player over the first 20 or so games actually come to think of it, but that seems like a long, long time ago now

Wes was in my mind, an early candidate but has dropped away. Heck, at one point I thought it would be Ruffels. Maybe a hero will emerge in the last few games.

If we stay up by a bee's dick, you wonder if even Rob Dickie comes into the reckoning?

Ridiculous I know, he couldn't jump above Easty in the pecking order, but the fact that he'd be 3rd/4th if there was a vote only illustrates what a disappointment this season has been.

If we stay up by a bee's dick, you wonder if even Rob Dickie comes into the reckoning?

Ridiculous I know, he couldn't jump above Easty in the pecking order, but the fact that he'd be 3rd/4th if there was a vote only illustrates what a disappointment this season has been.
He's been pretty poor so far i'd say, unless he gets 8 man of the match awards in the next 8 games it's not worth mentioning him

I’m not sure if Eastwood deserves it. It’s probably due to the dodgy defence in front of him but he’s not quite been the player he was last season. Still a bloody good keeper but he’s only human, his confidence will have taken a bit of a battering with some of the shenanigans going on in front of him, I’m sure. I think James Henry will get my vote. He didn’t play that great yesterday but still scored the pen and also saved us a goal with the block on the line. He’s pretty much involved in all of the points we’re scrambling at the moment. ‘Player of the Season’ might be a bit of a poisoned chalice this year mind..

This is an odd one considering the length of the season he has missed but Rothwell.

Always makes positive impacts on games and we always look better with him in the team.

My other choice would be Henry. Scored some crucial goals this season.

Eastwood would've been up there before January aswell but feel he's slipped a bit since then.

If Napa gets a couple of winners he will be in contention. I like the Ribeiro idea and the Hemings one too!

My vote's for GvK - hopefully we'll never see him or anything like him again.

The Swedish bloke with the Polish name who we signed before the season started but has never been seen, give it to him and at least he will at least have to walk on the pitch to get it, get a look at him before he leaves then at least. That’s if he actually exists of course.

Back
Top Bottom