Player of the year

In all seriousness I think giving it to Ribeiro would be a fantastic gesture. After a torrid season on the pitch, with none of the players on form consistently, I would be all for it.

I find it hard to look past Eastwood. He’s not had as good a season this year - but in all honesty it’s been difficult for him when, up until Clotet left, he basically had a different defence in front of him every week.

He’s made a number of errors, but there are also plenty of games where he was effectively ‘won the game’ for us with some outstanding saves he has no right to make. I’m thinking in particular of the 1-0 home wins against Donny and Blackpool. And currently that’s the gap between us and the drop zone.

Henry is among our most talented players. But he’s been inconsistent all year, and that’s before the whole ‘shhh’ thing is taken into account.

And, whilst I hold no ill-will to Ribs, I do find it a little uncomfortable to disrespect the playing squad so by voting for him as POTY. I’m also not sure, as noble and gutsy as his intentions may have been, I’m ok voting for a guy who risked (and perhaps even cost us) points by taking to the field when he knew full well he shouldn’t have been there. His interviews were outstanding as far as footballers go, and I feel desperately sorry for him that his career has been taken away - but not my player of the year at all!

Dwight Tiendalli, just for the kid who paid money to have his name put on his shirt.

• React
Reactions: MJB
James Henry for me. He’s a player that we will have to build around. Eastwood has at times of late been a bit shaky.
Can rule out a couple, Obika, Thomas, can’t see a defender winning it either

James Henry for me. He’s a player that we will have to build around. Eastwood has at times of late been a bit shaky.
Can rule out a couple, Obika, Thomas, can’t see a defender winning it either

Well yes although to be fair Thomas has presumably earned us a fair number of our earlier points.

Henry was absolutely abysmal for the first half the season. In 2018 he's been one of our better players, so player of this year so far perhaps, but certainly wouldn't vote him player of the season.

Henry was absolutely abysmal for the first half the season. In 2018 he's been one of our better players, so player of this year so far perhaps, but certainly wouldn't vote him player of the season.

Abysmal is a gross overstatement in my view. Compare him to certain other players in the squad and I think he was underperforming, rather than being abysmal. And much of that was due to our previous manager not knowing where to play him.

Abysmal is a gross overstatement in my view. Compare him to certain other players in the squad and I think he was underperforming, rather than being abysmal. And much of that was due to our previous manager not knowing where to play him.
Have to agree to disagree. Couldn't run with it, passes a miss, couldn't pass or take the ball forward, slow and arduous. Was painful watching him play until the Posh away game, then he slowly started to improve.

Have to agree to disagree. Couldn't run with it, passes a miss, couldn't pass or take the ball forward, slow and arduous. Was painful watching him play until the Posh away game, then he slowly started to improve.

Fair enough.

Apologies for using the word “gross” by the way - have only just spotted that and it was a little heavy handed!

At least we can presumably agree that he really has been flying of late. Bodes well for the rest of this season and next hopefully.

Eastwood over the whole season
I'm a fan off Eastwood but since January he has cost us 3 or 4 points.
Walsall got chipped for there winner okay Mousinho should have done better but Eastwood didn't need to be that far out
,AFC Wimbledon got caught in no mans land and Meades was allowed a an easy finish from a pathetic shot.
Plymouth got caught to far out of his goal for the only goal of the game.

Before January 100% but since our 7-0 loss to Wigan he has looked to have lacked confidence in the defense and made some silly decisions that have cost us points.

He is a class keeper who has won us points aswell this season but for a few months now he has looked shaky especially with crosses.

Hmm so basically no-one has done enough to be player of season ..what to do indeed

Ricky first half of season, but personally I will vote for Ribs, he made a difference when he played, has a great work ethic which the younger lads could learn from - and did the best interviews ever.

Henry was poor when we tried to play him as a right winger, been much better since going central, he is a good player but his days as a wide player are over. Could say the same about Rothwell and Mowatt, not certain what Clotet had against wingers but he left us with none.

No one really deserves to win player of the year, so perhaps don’t bother with it,

It's quite a weird one this year isn't it? Not a single player in there jumps straight into my mind for it. Might just be me but feel like Eastwood hasn't covered himself in glory this year and also cant get his interview from January out my head where you could tell he was gutted he didnt get a move away.

Henry has stepped up and has to be the most improved player from the start of the season so I guess he would get my vote. Also he said the word B*****s in his latest interview on yellow player so my childish sense of humour thinks that in itself is worth POTY.

Back
Top Bottom