Player of the Season

I had a very quick reply from the club earlier. Basically, Ribeiro was asked before the vote launched and he requested that his name wasn't put forward. In his view, it should go to someone that has played all season.

Seems like a really modest bloke to me, and it's such a shame he had to knock his career on the head so early.
Sums him up really

Should just cancel it and give a vote to all the fans for attending week in, week out.

I had a very quick reply from the club earlier. Basically, Ribeiro was asked before the vote launched and he requested that his name wasn't put forward. In his view, it should go to someone that has played all season.

Seems like a really modest bloke to me, and it's such a shame he had to knock his career on the head so early.

Makes me want to vote for him even more now!

Player of the year for me has to be Rothwell. May have missed a bit due to injury but his development over the past 12 months has been second to none. Massive difference from when he played under Appleton. Ledsons not really been that consistent. Eastwood has made a few mistakes. You could argue Thomas because he's highest goal scorer but can't see it. Ricardinho is the only other player who could seriously compete with Rothwell for POTS.

Eastwood for me. Not as good as last season and has made his share of mistakes but so has everyone in the squad this year. I'd say across this whole season he's been the best.

Napa

a success story for our homegrown developing talent

There is not one player deserving of the award based upon this season i'm afraid. I think the fans have worked harder to be honest. Putting aside Clotet's disastrous tenure the whole year has been a royal f**k up and we are where we deserve to be, with no-one deserving the honour.

I'm surprised Ruffels hasn't had a mention. Was central to the early good form. Seems to have been forgotten about.

Surprised KR hasn't asked him to play the holding role since he came in.

I'm surprised Ruffels hasn't had a mention. Was central to the early good form. Seems to have been forgotten about.

Surprised KR hasn't asked him to play the holding role since he came in.
EArlier in the season I thought it could be him but he’s been less involved. No one has had a long good run. If Ricardinho had played more Id choose him, or Wes if he’d got a couple more goals recently

I had a very prompt reply from the club earlier. Basically, Ribeiro was asked before the vote launched and he requested that his name wasn't put forward. In his view, it should go to someone that has played all season.

Can we make a forum POTY award to Ribs?

Can we make a forum POTY award to Ribs?

Maybe not POTY as it was his choice not to be entered, but I'd be happy to support something recognising his time at the club.

I think we've really missed him post retirement playing wise and his articulate, honest post match interviews. I think the tributes he got after the news broke was testament to how well respected he was in the game.

No-one even close to Eastwood. His form in the first half of the season was excellent and we were lucky to keep him in the January window. His form has dropped a little since then but not as much as the team in front of him!

I've never understood why clubs have a player of the season/month/week. Goes completely against the fact that football is a team game.

"A Trialist" who scored a hattrick in the development match this week. :)

Has to be Ledson for me, he hasn't played to the best of his ability but despite all the speculation and changes around the club he has given his all in every game he's played.

Back
Top Bottom