General Player of the season

OUFCwaffle

Who are we voting for then?

It really is a tough one this year for all the good reasons. Sorry Eastwood but it hasn't been one of those seasons.

I mean really, who to pick from the likes of Ruffles, Dickie, Gorrin, Brannagan, Sykes, Henry, Taylor? The list goes on.

The player who I think has been the most consistently good from day one and who has been so influential in all of our good performances is Alex Gorrin. The man wins damn near every interception and without him I don't think Dickie would have had anywhere near as much praise this season. Having a rock solid defensive midfielder in the modern game is crucial. Not to mention his distribution to the flanks is more or less near perfection. And to top it off he is a really nice guy and aces every press interview.

1, 2, 3, 4 Alex Rodriguez... ALEX RODRIGUEZ!!

Dickie or Henry.

Both have been excellent and very consistent.

I also think Mousinho has had a very good season.

Never been a fan of voting before the season ends, but I'd have to go for Henry. Very unfortunate not to have won anything (IIRC) since he's been here + has had another outstanding season. Dickie + Gorrin would complete my top 3 but could easily be several others

Isn't it fantastic to have so many genuine contenders? I think that Ruffels, Dickie, Gorrin, Brannagan, Henry and Taylor could all be in with a shout. Mous and Moore have also been fantastic when they've stepped in, and Eastwood had an iffy start but has been back to his best since the autumn.

I think I would go with Cam Brannagan. Along with Henry, his absence from the team around Christmas saw our form drop. But he has come back stronger and his desire to win drives the team on. I see a lot of Jim Magilton and Trevor Hebbard in him, and there isn't much higher praise than that.

Having said all of that, I think whoever wins will deserve it after such a strong season from so many. I'd even be happy with Jamie Mackie winning just to see the reaction on here!!

Never been a fan of voting before the season ends, but I'd have to go for Henry. Very unfortunate not to have won anything (IIRC) since he's been here + has had another outstanding season. Dickie + Gorrin would complete my top 3 but could easily be several others

I agree, there are several players pretty close for me (Dickie, Mousinho, Ruffels, Brannigan, Gorrin, Henry, Taylor) and if say Taylor gets a hattrick in every playoff game then yeah he’d be a clear winner!

Gone for Gorrin. Must have changed my mind a good 10 times in total, but think Alex has changed us from pretty football side to pretty football side with that killer edge and that was so vital to our season, plus hes not a bad looking lad either.

Dickie for me, stepped up massively this season and has turned into a cultured ball playing centre half.

I can't choose, for me it would be between Henry, Dickie and Brannagan. If Brannagan hadn't missed so much of the season, he'd win it for me. Following the departure of Nelson, I was seriously concerned about our defence but Dickie has really shone. Henry's goals and assists have been crucial. If Matty Taylor signed, I'd probably go with him..

Looks like its Dickie for me too.

After pondering I think it is James Henry for me but could easily be Cam Bran, Gorrin or Rob Dickie as it is that close. And many others aren't that far behind.

went for Ruffels. as said could’ve been one of many but he’s been pretty solid all season and has become a solid left back and scored some important goals.
amazing fitness levels as well ?

I struggled to pick a man of the match for many games there were so many good performances. Player of the season is impossible.

Tough one, but Gorrin for me. He just knits everything together and makes us tick. We're not quite the same team when he's not there. Great positional sense, vision and just does the simple stuff really well. Instrumental in our very good season.

I think Dickie is a close second....he's been immense.

We've had one hell of a squad this season....a joy to watch ...most of the time[emoji16]

Henry for probably the third year running for me. Bloody love that guy.

What about Browne and Sykes for that matter? Amazing to have so many contenders could have been Baptiste if he had stayed......

Back
Top Bottom