General Player of the season

Erred between many as everyone has seemed to.

Went for Dickie in the end. He’s really developed and has been a mainstay in defence.

Honorable mentions for Henry, Gorrin, Taylor and Ruffels.

Hard choice to say the least this time around, in the end I went for Josh mr 100 per cent for me

What about Browne and Sykes for that matter? Amazing to have so many contenders could have been Baptiste if he had stayed......

Don't think Browne can get it personally as whilst excellent hasn't been at the club long enough this season when others have done it all season (or close to). And Sykesy has also only really blossomed in the 2nd part of the season if my memory isn't playing tricks on me.

Edit: If this thread is anything to go by then it will be a close call who wins it.

What about Browne and Sykes for that matter? Amazing to have so many contenders could have been Baptiste if he had stayed......

I’m personally not sure that those two are on the levels of some of the others mentioned, but it is crazy how there’s not been one clear, absolute winner yet and the number of strong contenders!

Went for Gorrin personally. Not as spectacular as others but has transformed our side and has been consistently our best player over the course of the season.

Gorrin for me - he oozes class. He is Oxford United's equivalent of Michael Carrick :)

Haven't voted - I keep thinking I have decided and then remember something else that one of the others did!

Can I save my vote in case any of my front runners do something vital in the playoffs?

I'm torn again, was gonna vote Dickie, but I've read a lot from Cam Brannagan over the past few days which makes me feel inclined to vote for him. I thought he deserved it last season, when Ruffs got it. But then again,

Can we not vote all, this season. I can't think of one player who hasn't contributed.

Voted for dickie I think he’s been an absolute beast at the back this season hopefully he will still be with us next season in the championship ??

In the end I voted for Dickie, although Henry, Brannagan and Gorrin have been amazing all season, and would fully deserve it as well, but I feel Dickie has been the most consistent all season.

Special mention must go out to Mous, who has been absolutely immense all season, after many had written him off, and has been a real presence on the touchline as well, and if he hadn't got injured, and missed a bunch of games towards the end, the way he was performing, he would've been my pick.

The whole squad have been awesome though, contributing to a truly great season.

Well done lads!?

COYY

In the end I voted for Dickie, although Henry, Brannagan and Gorrin have been amazing all season, and would fully deserve it as well, but I feel Dickie has been the most consistent all season.

Special mention must go out to Mous, who has been absolutely immense all season, after many had written him off, and has been a real presence on the touchline as well, and if he hadn't got injured, and missed a bunch of games towards the end, the way he was performing, he would've been my pick.

The whole squad have been awesome though, contributing to a truly great season.

Well done lads!?

COYY
The season in which Clotet managed, I think we struggled to pick one player. The whole squad, management team, board and non-playing staff should be congratulated. Just a shame the season did not finish under normal circumstances.

Rob Dickie gets my vote. I think perhaps Fosu would have edged him had he stayed. Everybody has played their part but Mous, Gorrin, Taylor, Henry, Brannagan and Baptiste have all been outstanding and displayed real consistency and quality.

neither of these two will feature highly in most choices Id guess, yet for me, both of them delivered every time they were asked to, whether it was in the starting line up or called to action from the bench
Sam Long and Mark Sykes

honourable mention for Dan Adgei too, for his contributions in the run in to the (early) end of the season

I voted Gorrin after a fair bit of thought. Even though earlier on in the season he already had my vote, a few too many good candidates Maybe with the benefit of hindsight it couldve been a case of select your top 3. 1st gets 5 points 2nd 3 points 3rd 1 point and highest points scorer wins

Could of voted for 6 players if allowed but only allowed to vote for 1 so I went for Cam Branagan. I think it will be a close vote this year

Could of voted for 6 players if allowed but only allowed to vote for 1 so I went for Cam Branagan. I think it will be a close vote this year
Now 50/50 for Cam or Dickie at the moment. I think I'd go with Brannagan.

Two horse race between Henry and Gorrin for me. Henry adds a touch of class to our squad of hard working, young talent. He’s like a fine wine, each year he’s been with us I think he’s been better than the one before. His lack of pace is very rarely ever shown up as a problem because he’s already 3 or 4 steps ahead mentally. His goal and assist contribution is invaluable and the sort of loyal scorer and creator we have needed for some years.

All of that said, Gorrin got my vote. He was signed very quietly in the middle of lots of transfer rumours about the more ‘marquee’ signings of Cadden, Fosu and of course super Matty Taylor. In my opinion he turned out to be another example of our brilliant scouting network. A player who goes about his business quietly but when he’s not there, our defence is screaming to be shielded by him and our midfield is desperate for his foundation from which they can go and play the beautiful football we have all got used to them playing. I remember one game at home where he was suspended (IIRC) and Henry dropped in there, it was clear to see how good Gorrin really is when watching somebody, even if James’ quality, try to plug the gap. Add to that the fact he has a great song, seems like a really genuinely good person who everybody likes and the sort of character that makes this incredible club what it is then he has my vote hands down. Plus his work for Matty Taylor’s equaliser at Burton (which is a huge point looking back at it) was legendary!!

As a 21 year old Ox fan to say i haven’t seen a lot of quality in yellow would be an understatement but this set of players and staff really is something special. Couldn’t be more proud of my club if I tried.

Back
Top Bottom