Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Jamie Mackie

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Marcus Browne

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BarrySpang

Think this is a quite a tough decision this year. Who would you vote for and why? I’ve only included players who have played the majority of the season...

It should probably be Nelson (although it’s unlikely given he’s orf) so I imagine it’ll be either Brannagan or Ruffels. I’m parochial enough to go with the latter!

Last edited:
Dickie. It might seem like it's an odd choice, but he has been almost ever present, has consistently got better and has (IMO) turned into an excellent defender - being a key reason in our revival since Christmas. And he is playing on the wrong side of defence for him. Ruffels would also be a good shout

tough decision as every player has had excellent and poor games throughout the season but I would say Eastwood. I wouldn't put his return as the sole reason for our turn around and his injury seems to have affected his game but his saves have kept us in some games and the times the team has underperformed he's always been the one that's stood out.
if it was over the last 10 games I would say Ruffels but for the season Eastwood

Brannagan. He has be the most consistent player all season, rarely missed a game except through suspension and doesn’t go hiding even when we were up against it.
I would agree with this.
Having said that I would be very happy for Ruffels if he won it.

Ruffels: the tackle that prevented Bradford scoring in the 94th minute, the subsequent touch outside the box, and the winner against Wycombe.

Easy. Ruffels. Consistent, good passer , good defender, scores his fair share of goals.

Only blot on the copybook is he isn’t the quickest, but he usually makes up for this by sound positioning.

A real team player. Getting better every game.

Ruffels for me. The L1 James Milner who will give you a solid 7/10 every week and can play in multiple positions.

Special mention to Brannagan who I would have in second.

Prior to March, I would have said Mousinho. We just didn’t operate without him in the starting line up for most of the season. However Kashi has come along and kept him out the side. With a few games left, I can’t make the case for him being POTS anymore despite us desperately needing him in midfield for much of the season.

It should go to one of the ever presents. I think Ruffels is a really good shout. A player who knows his limitations but covers them up with tenacious hard work, sound positioning and an awareness in operating with other players around him. His last minute thunderbastard strikes tip the balance for me.

He seems to have been forgotten but Henry and his goals kept us afloat for a lot of the first half plus of this season.
Sure he has lost a bit of form recently.

Gavin Whyte for me. Yes, there is a lot of work to be done on him, but the way he has adapted to this league and full-time football has been remarkable. Not forgetting his little episode during the season could have completely destroyed him.

Back
Top Bottom