General Player of the season ows vote

Nels loses out for me because he has refused to sign a new contract and clearly wants away.
Henry would probably normally get my vote given that he has scored more than anyone else and assisted more than anyone else. His goals kept us in touching distance of the teams above us early in the season allowing us now to be in a better position than might otherwise have been the case. But I can't forget the incident with the fans at home. If there is one thing you don't do, it is criticise your own supporters. Next season my memory will be foggier.
Ruffs has improved a lot and has got us out of a hole at left back, but has been very inconsistent, and so was in my thoughts, but not quite there.
Dickie hasn't been anywhere near good enough, especially first half of the season. Possibly weak link of the season for me.
For me the only two other consistently good performers are Eastwood and Whyte, and I went for Whyte for entertainment value. He is the sort of player you pay your ticket money for and his performances, once he settled down, have been outstanding.

Nels loses out for me because he has refused to sign a new contract and clearly wants away.
Henry would probably normally get my vote given that he has scored more than anyone else and assisted more than anyone else. His goals kept us in touching distance of the teams above us early in the season allowing us now to be in a better position than might otherwise have been the case. But I can't forget the incident with the fans at home. If there is one thing you don't do, it is criticise your own supporters. Next season my memory will be foggier.
Ruffs has improved a lot and has got us out of a hole at left back, but has been very inconsistent, and so was in my thoughts, but not quite there.
Dickie hasn't been anywhere near good enough, especially first half of the season. Possibly weak link of the season for me.
For me the only two other consistently good performers are Eastwood and Whyte, and I went for Whyte for entertainment value. He is the sort of player you pay your ticket money for and his performances, once he settled down, have been outstanding.
Dickie the weak.link? Really?
Look at the goals conceded in the second half if the season.
To me Dickie is seriously underrated by a minority.
Ruffels very inconsistent? J know that it's a game of opinions but to me he has been pretty consistent.

if Gav 'willy' Whyte wins it I hope his mate isn't with him when they go out on the lash afterwards.
you got to give him credit though, he's not let it affect his performance on the pitch and considering this is his first season at this level, he's done remarkably well. that was a great bit of business getting him

Dickie the weak.link? Really?
Look at the goals conceded in the second half if the season.
To me Dickie is seriously underrated by a minority.
Ruffels very inconsistent? J know that it's a game of opinions but to me he has been pretty consistent.

Dickie the weak link? Well yes. A game doesn't go by that he doesn't lay off multiple misplaced or under/over powered passes to the opposition in a danger area. And most games, he gives away silly free kicks near the edge of the area. He is slow and has little ball control. The one area he is excellent is in the air. In the first half of the season, he wasn't even at Hellenic League standard, which is why Mous was preferred, despite his own inadequacies at centre back.
With the system we play, the left and right backs have to join in attacks in order to have interplay with the wingers and help get past defenders and get crosses in. Ruffs is a useful squad member to have and more than decent in the left back berth, but for me he can be good for four or five games, then we might not see much of him for the next two or three, or he won't have the pace to get back quickly from attacking positions. Good but not great would be a fair description.

Dickie the weak link? Well yes. A game doesn't go by that he doesn't lay off multiple misplaced or under/over powered passes to the opposition in a danger area. And most games, he gives away silly free kicks near the edge of the area. He is slow and has little ball control. The one area he is excellent is in the air. In the first half of the season, he wasn't even at Hellenic League standard, which is why Mous was preferred, despite his own inadequacies at centre back.
With the system we play, the left and right backs have to join in attacks in order to have interplay with the wingers and help get past defenders and get crosses in. Ruffs is a useful squad member to have and more than decent in the left back berth, but for me he can be good for four or five games, then we might not see much of him for the next two or three, or he won't have the pace to get back quickly from attacking positions. Good but not great would be a fair description.
Agree to disagree on this one.
I wouldn't be amazed if Dickie plays in the Championship next season (I would be very surprised if Championship clubs are not after him)
If you look at our goals conceded record in the past 6 games 2 of our defenders can hardly be as average as you describe?

Back
Top Bottom