General Player of the season ows vote

Brannagan has been fantastic this season, so has got my vote. The unflashy stuff he does for the team has helped keep us in L1 this season.

Brannigan for me. Slots into the Oxford side and has become a big part of our revival. Mr Consistency

Ruffels for me. Consistency and passion. His celebration of the last minute goal he scored was clear demonstration of what he, and the team, were feeling.
Puts in a shift every game and, whilst maybe not the best player in the league, performs to a level which brings a positive outcome. Plus, he's an Oxford product and testament to what the club need, home grown players who do the job.

I never said clubs were talking to him, just there is interest, as there will be with all our up and coming youngsters who are performing.
Didn't the club receive an offer last close season which was rebuffed..I think with everyone's attention on Nelson then we forget we have an improving young player beside him..losing 1 CB but 2!

I never said clubs were talking to him, just there is interest, as there will be with all our up and coming youngsters who are performing.
There was a lot of interest last summer wasn't there? Reportedly, a large contributing factor to his and Nelson's relatively poor form earlier in the season.

Plus, he's an Oxford product and testament to what the club need, home grown players who do the job.

Kind of.

He's a local boy, but actually came through Coventry's youth system - we signed him when he was 19, almost 20.

I'd still vote for him, mind. I think he's the sort of committed, versatile, passionate, consistent player that should win PotS

I really can't understand why Nelson is one of the front runners. He has been average at best by his standards this season. I also think that although Dickie has gradually improved, the first half of the season he was poor.

Id say it should be between Brannagan, Ruffs and Eastwood. I've gone for Cam as he is the most consistent player in the side who is never below a 7 or 8 out of 10. Ruffs is consistent but first half of the season most goals conceded were coming down our left hand side. As for Eastwood, if his injury had been any more serious then we might of found ourselves well and truly in the s**t at this stage.

Not one mention for James Henry on this thread. I concede that he has been poor last month or two, however he is our top scorer by some way and has surely done more than anyone to keep us in he division.

If this vote was done on Boxing Day he would have walked it.

Back
Top Bottom