Player Funds

Yellows1

Don’t know if this has been mentioned but Robinson did make a really good point in his interview in the fact that due to the financial fair play rule we simply cannot pay millions out on players because of this, this clarifies why we’re not going mad on splashing the cash - Really good point, discuss.....

• React
Reactions: Ian
Ambitious owners flex the rules to match their desires Sponsor this, sponsor that.

Other owners find much comfort in those rules.

Don’t know if this has been mentioned but Robinson did make a really good point in his interview in the fact that due to the financial fair play rule we simply cannot pay millions out on players because of this, this clarifies why we’re not going mad on splashing the cash - Really good point, discuss.....
Tell that to Steve Evans. It can be done if the desire is there. Sounds to me like were getting our excuses in early...

doesn't have to be splash the cash though does it? right players in on the right terms

I don't buy this at all, look at Fleetwood...they have gates of less than 4k and sign players like macaleny, Ched Evans, Dean Marney and Wes burns. financial fair play my ass.

I don't buy this at all, look at Fleetwood...they have gates of less than 4k and sign players like macaleny, Ched Evans, Dean Marney and Wes burns. financial fair play my ass.
But they OWN their ground which the owner uses for his company to work from therefore pay rent on. That in itself probably makes 2-3 million a year minimum difference not forgetting they use it for functions, get all monies from catering and executive boxes plus naming rights which I am sure he has taken care of.

Evans- Loan
Macalaney - Free transfer
Dean Marney - Free transfer
Wes Burn - Fee

Only one of those was a transfer fee, which probably wasn't a lot.

Evans- Loan
Macalaney - Free transfer
Dean Marney - Free transfer
Wes Burn - Fee

Only one of those was a transfer fee, which probably wasn't a lot.
And I guess they are all on small wages too?

I Also forgot to mention paddy madden who they signed for an undisclosed 6 figure fee.

And I guess they are all on small wages too?

I Also forgot to mention paddy madden who they signed for an undisclosed 6 figure fee.

I have no idea of their wages, but there is no reason to think they are much higher than the wages we pay out to various players.
KR in his comments was talking about transfer fees so that is the comparison.
Madden was speculated (wiki) to be 150K. Not very high really.

Back
Top Bottom