Conference play off final today

Would much rather have an ex FL club back, proper clubs who have fan bases.

Is their any point in playing these games at Wembley unless it involves a club with a fan base? Just have a couple of places provisionally booked and pick the most geographically suitable one if non league clubs like Salford, Fylde or Wycombe are in it.
People want to see their teams at Wembley. What does it matter what attendance it is? I’d imagine it was staffed accordingly based on the projected attendance.

Salford are paying stupid wages, that Rooney guy they got from Aberdeen, they are allegedly paying £5k ish per week. This does nothing to help clubs who are trying to run their clubs on a sound financial basis. This policy only inflates wages across the whole football pyramid.
They have purely bought their success. At June 2018 they had losses of £2.3m and that was in the league below the conference.
I fully agree with A Holt of Accrington who had a twitter rant at G Neville for financial recklessness.
Sorry, they may think they are helping the local community but they are destroying football with their financial policies.

Yet we see so many comments on here about wanting an owner who has strong financial backing to invest in our club or slating the current owners for not appearing to invest despite a board supposedly worth millions?

Hypocrisy no?

People want to see their teams at Wembley. What does it matter what attendance it is? I’d imagine it was staffed accordingly based on the projected attendance.

Well playing a game at Wembley with only 8,000 there is a bit pointless, unless you really like seeing loads of empty red seats, in which case today has been a real treat for you with Wembley and the Stadium of Light.

Well playing a game at Wembley with only 8,000 there is a bit pointless, unless you really like seeing loads of empty red seats, in which case today has been a real treat for you with Wembley and the Stadium of Light.
Don’t agree with you. In 2010 we stared at a load of empty red seats but I would not change it for the world. Empty seats did not detract from what was a superb day at the home of football.

• React
Reactions: MJB
Wrong but similar thread. Maguire has scored for Sunderland against Pompey. Happy enough for Pompey to stay down.

The love in for Salford and the ‘class of 92’ next season is going to be unbearable.
Only as unbearable as the 'hate in' for them on here!
I have no more issue with them coming up as any other 'new' club, many of those coming up previously have done so on the back of an investment from somewhere or someone, so they are all doing the same thing to some extent arent they? Also, it is good to see ex-players putting something back into the game, rather than just squandering it on themselves.... I dont know so much about which of them are most involved on a day to day basis, but I suspect that as a group, they are less likely to abandon ship overnight than other clubs, so may not do a Rushden....
They also have Max Crocombe on their books.

BTW - I do agree that it would be nice for a couple of the old-school clubs to make a return, but they have to earn it, and frankly their fortunes have not generally been on an upward turn recently. Only Wrexham actually qualified for the playoffs (in 4th) with no other ex league reaching the top half of the division, so the flow of new blood is likely to continue over the next few years.

BTW - I do agree that it would be nice for a couple of the old-school clubs to make a return, but they have to earn it, and frankly their fortunes have not generally been on an upward turn recently. Only Wrexham actually qualified for the playoffs (in 4th) with no other ex league reaching the top half of the division, so the flow of new blood is likely to continue over the next few years.

It is nice to see Stockport County making their way back into the National League Premier next season.

Yes good to see Stockport and also Torquay winning promotion back to the Conference
I think I'd happy to see the auto spot and playoff semis between Notts county, Wrexham, Chesterfield, Stockport and Torquay next season.....with maybe Hartlepool and Yeovil in the mix too

I think I'd happy to see the auto spot and playoff semis between Notts county, Wrexham, Chesterfield, Stockport and Torquay next season.....with maybe Hartlepool and Yeovil in the mix too

I don't think Yeovil will be anywhere close as their takeover collapsed the other week and it is all a bit of mess. With the caveat that it may have changed since I last saw anything.

So the “little team on the hill” Forest Green Rovers from the village of Nailsworth, missed out on a trip to Wembley, going out 2-1 on aggregate to Tranmere.
Still the did better than that s**t team from Wiltshire

So the “little team on the hill” Forest Green Rovers from the village of Nailsworth, missed out on a trip to Wembley, going out 2-1 on aggregate to Tranmere.
Still the did better than that s**t team from Wiltshire
I watched that - a terrible game. Forest Green (despite never being in front in the tie) spent the whole time passing it backwards. The other lot weren't much better.
Forest Green are this decade's Histon.

Back
Top Bottom