Matches Play-Off Final to be moved from Wembley?

It looks like Turkey's recent games have been behind closed doors.
That 3 day rule also seems daft. OK if they want to stick their branding everywhere for a full capacity game, but I doubt we will be there by then.

I believe that the Champions League has some sort of ruling that says the host stadium for the final can’t be used for X amount of days prior to the game.

L1 and L2 finals are after the Championship final/Champions League final. So the only direct clash is the first play-off final.

Has anyone heard how many fans would be allowed for the 1st leg game yet?

Would be ideal if they allow 50% of capacity 6500

Gov.uk guidance says 10,000 or 25%, whichever is lower. So it looks like we will be at 25% capacity. This applies from the 17th May.

Has anyone heard how many fans would be allowed for the 1st leg game yet?

Would be ideal if they allow 50% of capacity 6500

Heard 4000 as the club have already passed all the test events and have successfully had fans in the last time around.

Looks like Portugal is the current favourite for UEFA.
In as much as anything the football authorities do, that seems more sensible than Turkey (high Covid rates). if supporters are going to be allowed in, then I'd have thought somewhere in this country would have been a better bet, reducing the amount of international travel for both the teams and the supporters.

In as much as anything the football authorities do, that seems more sensible than Turkey (high Covid rates). if supporters are going to be allowed in, then I'd have thought somewhere in this country would have been a better bet, reducing the amount of international travel for both the teams and the supporters.

This country would be sensible in a global pandemic but this is UEFA so it is the last option they would pick.

Also anyone returning from a red list country has to quarantine for 10 days. EURO 2020 starts on June 11 ...

So surely can't be held in Turkey?

Heard 4000 as the club have already passed all the test events and have successfully had fans in the last time around.
I have flicked through some of the sports channels in the past 24 hours.
There were thousands in for the MLS Kansas v Austin match. And thousands in for the Japanese games. Easily at least 50% of capacity!!

Wycombe would be a good venue. Currently a championship club, subject to appeal.
Or give the champions elect some advantage and play in a city, Salford

The big problem is although there are only tickets for 8000 fans of the two teams, the attendance in Turkey was set at around 25000. Plus Sponsors you assume. UEFA have asked the government to waive any restrictions/ quarantine for anyone coming from, a red list country. Clearly they cannot agree to that and why should they. Keeping the dreaded Covid out as much as possible, is far more important than the travel of two Premier sets of fans. Portugal can have the problem.

Back
Top Bottom