Plain ignorance and disrespectful

Manorlounger

Just watched the extended highlights of yesterdays match against Cambridge. Opening pictures show the magnificent display from the Fanatics with additional angles showing players, academy, Joey Beauchamps family and others. Well done iFollow, I was thinking until the commentary referred to Joey as "Bowchamp"
Surely a quick check on the pronunciation of the central figure of all that was going on would have been justified or, is it just that they don't care? Either way, disrespectful.

It's not disrepectful. How many people pronounce Ole Gunnar Solskjaer correctly. Most won't know how to pronounce Ole.

It's not disrepectful. How many people pronounce Ole Gunnar Solskjaer correctly. Most won't know how to pronounce Ole.
I do, but then again, I can speak Danish.
Not pronouncing Beauchamp correctly when reporting on the events of the day, is disrespectful. Part of the job of commentating is to endeavour to get the names of the participants with the correct pronunciation.

Jesus for God sake, this forum sometimes is ludicrous. Joey and however you pronounce his surname is a Legend. What I saw from various media outlets is the fans display, KR walking on with Joey’s daughters was exceptional. I live in Leeds, so only get snippets here and there. Plus if iFollow is that bad unsubscribe. Get behind the club ffs.

Just as lazy journalism was the link yesterday on highlights that Whyte was on loan from Hull...they don't keep up do they?
They all need the BBC pronunciation unit too.

Just watched the extended highlights of yesterdays match against Cambridge. Opening pictures show the magnificent display from the Fanatics with additional angles showing players, academy, Joey Beauchamps family and others. Well done iFollow, I was thinking until the commentary referred to Joey as "Bowchamp"
Surely a quick check on the pronunciation of the central figure of all that was going on would have been justified or, is it just that they don't care? Either way, disrespectful.
Thought the same when I watched the highlights too. Given the importance of the occasion, and the fact that the footage he was talking over even had Rosie saying Joey's name over the tannoy system, it really was disgracefully poor.

Back
Top Bottom