Home Match Day Thread PJ Trophy: OUFC v Tottenham Hotspur U21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was the messiah who should be playing every week, and that 'Robinson' should lose his job for not recognizing this? Wish people would make up their minds.
I’ve always supported Agyeinas you can these their is a footballer in there but even though he scored a goal against Stevenage there was nothing else and last night he had chances and couldn’t do anything. Would he be a reliable back up for Taylor? No he isn’t.

He doesn’t get 90 minutes game after game though so it’s impossible for him to do so? If by enough chances then you mean a few 3 minute sub appearances and some starts in the PJ Trophy (in which he scored) then yeah he’s had enough chances.

We should also get rid of Bodin and McNally - the latter has been sent off twice now, he doesn’t learn
Bodin is on a one year contract and adds depth to the club. Worst case scenario he doesn't get much of a run and leaves at the end of the season. Not sure what benefit we have from getting rid at this stage?

Likewise with McNally. Atkinson looked shaky as anything when he started (red card against Lincoln last year, albeit rescinded) and a few occasions where he got caught badly out of position. Bear in mind he'd played a lot more men's football by that stage of his career. Also going down to having Mous as our only real backup for a position strikes me as, to put it politely, more than a little risky.

Nobody’s forcing you. Same with formula one. I find it pretty average as a “sport” but it’s all over bbc sport .
I can't get my head around why anyone is interest in formula1, but each to their own. Womens football is plastered all over BBC Sport but it just holds zero interest to me, I wonder what percentage of mens football fans are interested in their womans team equivalent, I'd guess anywhere between 1-10%, but it gets so much coverage at the moment.

I can't get my head around why anyone is interest in formula1, but each to their own. Womens football is plastered all over BBC Sport but it just holds zero interest to me, I wonder what percentage of mens football fans are interested in their womans team equivalent, I'd guess anywhere between 1-10%, but it gets so much coverage at the moment.
It's worth showing if girls are interested, or become interested. I don't particularly think male supporters of teams are going to follow the women's team.

So, by your argument, are you qualified to criticise those who are?
As a customer, yes I am. I pay for Sky, and the service(s) that they provide, so as a consumer, I am absolutely qualified to criticise someone that I am essentially paying to see..

As a customer, yes I am. I pay for Sky, and the service(s) that they provide, so as a consumer, I am absolutely qualified to criticise someone that I am essentially paying to see..

Well yes, you certainly have the right to criticise as a customer, and are therefore qualified to do so.

I would ask whether you are qualified to do so from an informed position but frankly I've lost the will to live.

I'll not drag this thread any lower than I already have.

In 🇺🇸 attendances for women’s games average at 8k. They’ve had more marketing and support than the English game for longer.

They share stadiums with the men’s teams. Attendances are rising 10-20% a season (pre Covid).

Crowds tend to be a mix of those only watching women’s soccer and those who also support the men’s team. It’s probably the same in 🇬🇧.

I found it quite an adjustment when it started turning up all over bbc sport but I think it’s fair to say the only reason it’s not got significantly more support is that it’s been quite heavily ignored for decades.

By your assessment that coverage should be commensurate with support levels then league 2 shouldn’t appear on bbc sport

In 🇺🇸 attendances for women’s games average at 8k. They’ve had more marketing and support than the English game for longer.

They share stadiums with the men’s teams. Attendances are rising 10-20% a season (pre Covid).

Crowds tend to be a mix of those only watching women’s soccer and those who also support the men’s team. It’s probably the same in 🇬🇧.

I found it quite an adjustment when it started turning up all over bbc sport but I think it’s fair to say the only reason it’s not got significantly more support is that it’s been quite heavily ignored for decades.

By your assessment that coverage should be commensurate with support levels then league 2 shouldn’t appear on bbc sport
How about a dedicated womens football section on BBC sport? Seems like a good solution? And keeps it off the mainframe for those who aren't interested.

How about a dedicated womens football section on BBC sport? Seems like a good solution? And keeps it off the mainframe for those who aren't interested.
Like this?

They get a couple of headlines on the main page just like darts, boxing and formula one

The worst match report in history I would say................. "I wasn`t at the game Jerome but wrote it anyway"............. Hanson scored twice then?

The worst match report in history I would say................. "I wasn`t at the game Jerome but wrote it anyway"............. Hanson scored twice then?

Fingers crossed Nuno Santo will be sacked tonight after being knocked out of another cup competition, following a 3-0 loss and a Ade Akinbiyi hattrick (according to the spuds reporter 🥔) 🥱😉

Is it all a cunning ploy to convince Spurs to put in a bid for Hanson in January?

Some of them are so clickbait! I keep thinking I must have missed a game, click on it and realise its womens football!
I agree that it would be helpful to have something on the icon to identify that its women's football - you do tend to see 'Arsenal shock win at Liverpool' and the like.

Some of them are so clickbait! I keep thinking I must have missed a game, click on it and realise its womens football!
I know, it's a real problem isn't it? Taking up your valuable time and fraudulently leading to reports of women's football. Women mind! I sometimes think you might have been born in the wrong century.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom