Home Match Day Thread PJ Trophy: OUFC v Tottenham Hotspur U21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eastwood
Forde McNally Thorniley Seddon
Gorrin McGuane
Williams Bodin Whyte
Winnall

Agyei, Cooper, Hanson, Mousinho + GK as subs.

Last edited:
I think we'll get five, and maybe let one in.

Shame that Tyler Goodrham is not going to be involved for the U’s tonight,

E-I5BQwXsAILicV

Looking forward to seeing McGuane get some minutes. Our midfield is already class but he can give us something different.

So if we win by four and Cambridge beat Stevenage without conceding we can still qualify?

Hoping for a win, a good performance, no injuries and to gracefully exit the competition.

I know it goes against the grain, but I don't mind this competition. It's an opportunity to not only give our younger players a chance but it also gets younger players from higher up the leagues game time, and these are potentially the players we will be looking to bring in as part of our transfer model.

I don't get particularly excited when we win, and not too upset if we lose although I was disappointed with the Tranmere result last season.

Tonight will be a good opportunity for some of the squad players to get a run out. I hope that McGuane comes through well, and Dan scores a hatful. Will also be good to see Bodin and Williams play as I think there's so much more to one from these two. Otherwise it's just about ending the game with no injuries and important minutes in the legs of those hoping to push into the first team. A win will be nice, progressing to the next stage will be even nicer, but I'll not be heartbroken if not.

I know it goes against the grain, but I don't mind this competition. It's an opportunity to not only give our younger players a chance but it also gets younger players from higher up the leagues game time, and these are potentially the players we will be looking to bring in as part of our transfer model.
We could blood our younger players without U21 sides being involved and those players from higher leagues can gain experience by going out on loan. The inclusion of U21 sides has lessened the credibility of the competition which you could say lessens the experience for our younger players. Near empty stadiums and a very reserve feel to things, probably doesn't give them the taste of first team experience it's meant to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom