Fan's View Pitch Invasions

apart perhaps from being in breach of ground regs ( 10.3.15 in OUFC ground regs- which are applied as standard in England ), taken from the list of what constitutes a serious breach of terms and conditions of entry - ' entering the playing area or any adjacent area to which spectators are not allowed to be in without lawful authority or excuse"

I like to think that those employed to uphold the law , would be more than aware that they were committing a serious breach of T&Cs of entry, even if they're 'off duty'
Well I'd like to see no-one go onto the pitch if I'm honest and the players do a lap of honour where there has been an achievement. Point taken but I think this front page headline was somewhat overstated and a bit misleading as though something propa nawty had occurred.

The problem is it only takes one idiot to do something silly and over the past week there seems to be quite a few about, just because no-one died doesn't mean it should be acceptable.

Not that I want to keep dragging this up, but I think this is an important read from a player's perspective if you think pitch invasions are all a bit of harmless fun

While not being someone who has ever felt it necessary to run onto the pitch, I can understand it in moments of great joy - to celebrate.

But winning a playoff semi final (or either leg!) is really not such an occasion, you've won nothing except the chance to win something! So I can't say I understand that.

And anyone who so much as touches an opposition player or official (whether the 'invasion' is justified or not) has to be banned for life. I don't want us to be put back behind bloody fences again - and if people can't restrain themselves it will either be that or huge police/steward presences at *any* game where there even potentially *might* be such incidents. Which is a) unpleasant and b) costs the clubs a bloody fortune.

He doesnt seem up to speed with ground regs ( rules, regulations as well of T&Cs) , that apply when an individual purchases a ticket to any EFL match...... ( good ol' fashioned) paper/ card tickets tend to have the ground reg dos & don't printed on the back, whereas electronic versions ( although there will be a link to them somewhere) don't have said ground regs (as) easily accessible to view.

it is a prosecutable offence to enter the playing area.... as more or less stated within the ground regs

Perfectly good statement for once - he's basically saying 'stay in the stands or risk sanction to you personally or to your club'.

It's not hard, just stay off the f*****g pitch and celebrate in the stands allowing the players to celebrate on the pitch with all fans rather than having to run towards the tunnel ruining it for those fans who abide by the law and the ground regulations.

Simples innit.

He doesnt seem up to speed with ground regs ( rules, regulations as well of T&Cs) , that apply when an individual purchases a ticket to any EFL match...... ( good ol' fashioned) paper/ card tickets tend to have the ground reg dos & don't printed on the back, whereas electronic versions ( although there will be a link to them somewhere) don't have said ground regs (as) easily accessible to view.

it is a prosecutable offence to enter the playing area.... as more or less stated within the ground regs.... basically, why not emphasise that fact?

it is a prosecutable offence to enter the playing area.... as more or less stated within the ground regs.... basically, why not emphasise that fact?
His statement does (ahem) make that very point!

I think it’s going to get to the stage where the EFL will deduct points for crowd behaviour. Can you imagine, the last day of the season and a team wins to get promotion or into the playoffs, the fans are jubilant, but know that if they step onto the field of play the EFL will dock 3 points that prevent you from progressing. I would bet there would still be a bunch of pi$$ed up morons who’d still try and celebrate on the pitch. There’d also be the vast majority who would try and prevent these pricks from getting on the pitch. Cue crowd trouble.

I think it’s going to get to the stage where the EFL will deduct points for crowd behaviour. Can you imagine, the last day of the season and a team wins to get promotion or into the playoffs, the fans are jubilant, but know that if they step onto the field of play the EFL will dock 3 points that prevent you from progressing. I would bet there would still be a bunch of pi$$ed up morons who’d still try and celebrate on the pitch. There’d also be the vast majority who would try and prevent these pricks from getting on the pitch. Cue crowd trouble.
not beyond the realms of possibily that .... though unlikely (IMO) to be more than a bit of a hollow threat, .... otherwise 'trial by media' could eventually result in deductions for crowd behavior such as massed supporters calling match officials 'rascals', or similar, IF points deductions for crowd behaviour is totally implemented by the EFL - that would open a seriously large can of worms

Imagine Swindon winning to go up, and a load of Oxford undercover "celebrate" on their pitch and get the points docked from them...

That is why it would never happen. It would be fines.

Back
Top Bottom