Fan's View Pitch Invasions

I just remember being annoyed after the Wycombe game having to wait for fans to clear the pitch so the players could come out and do a lap of honour. It was eating into some good drinking time in the south stand bar!

It's a nice tradition that fans celebrate on the pitch after success at the end of the season. Unfortunately a load of idiots may have ruined that recently.

Indeed …to counter the lots of “what ifs” is

A load of people running on some grass to be happy. You’d think it was some dystopia

Running on grass does not have a negative consequence for society. Nobody gets hurt.

Punching someone does. Deal with the infraction.

Plenty of folks on here being numbed by attrition into some really depressing hyperbole at the expense of freedom of expression and joy.
It also needs fans to take responsibility, though. There is lots of child-like entitlement being espoused about "it wasn't everybody - its not fair - you should punish the bad guys". What I haven't heard is fan groups or organisations suggesting how fans can continue to exercise the privilege of going on the pitch by looking after their own house.
The more you ask for the authorities to deal with a small number of individuals, the longer you perpetuate the general police mistreatment of football fans.

1. Ref blows the whistle. Most refs seem very capable of "giving a nod" and ensuring play is near/close to the tunnel/players exit.
2. Players leave the pitch. As above.
3. Fans enter the pitch and behave like adults and enjoy the moment of celebration.

Any "fan" who thinks they have the right to abuse, punch, kick players or staff or goad opposing fans gets treated the same way as they would in a town centre on a weekend night out.

Too simple? 🤷‍♀️

1. Ref blows the whistle. Most refs seem very capable of "giving a nod" and ensuring play is near/close to the tunnel/players exit.
2. Players leave the pitch. As above.
3. Fans enter the pitch and behave like adults and enjoy the moment of celebration.

Any "fan" who thinks they have the right to abuse, punch, kick players or staff or goad opposing fans gets treated the same way as they would in a town centre on a weekend night out.

Too simple? 🤷‍♀️
Screenshot_2022-05-24-08-21-17-95_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7~2.jpgi know ,this picture sums it up for me.Thats what I call celebrating.

Exactly, we`ve all been caught in the moment, I`m in one of those earlier photos, but it was a celebration, not a desire to batter players, staff or away fans.
Yep if it's the Maxwell one, I'm just out of picture.A few of my mate's in that one. I'm in othe one's just before &after.Theres a video as well of everyone singing in the town/yellow Submarine.

Awkward moments ahead................. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Reminds me of England fans of a few years back. Named &shamed all the fans that got arrested &deported. They were, policemen, soldiers, lawyers every so called respectable career you could think of. people was so ignorant they thought it was unemployed & skinheads the like.

The bottom line is there's no reason for a fan to go onto the pitch.
The most annoying thing for me about final day pitch invasions is it's the away teams final chance to applaud their team before many players move on and with masses of fans on the pitch they don't get that opportunity...remember Blackburn a few years back when KR was left to remove a home fan from the pitch whilst police and stewards looked on.
That's brilliant from KR.

I worry how sanitised football would become if some on here got their way. Some of you must hate the games against Swindon, I love them. Football is about tribalism.

Bit of a non-story - that pitch invasion was good natured with no issues arising.
apart perhaps from being in breach of ground regs ( 10.3.15 in OUFC ground regs- which are applied as standard in England ), taken from the list of what constitutes a serious breach of terms and conditions of entry - ' entering the playing area or any adjacent area to which spectators are not allowed to be in without lawful authority or excuse"

I like to think that those employed to uphold the law , would be more than aware that they were committing a serious breach of T&Cs of entry, even if they're 'off duty'

Back
Top Bottom