National News Philip Schofield - Comes out

Banging an 18 year old This Morning runner allegedly (who he met when the runner was 15 and he got him a job on this morning)

It's very simple. Judge people by what they do, not who they are.

If you thought Philip Schofield was annoying last week, then it's perfectly fine to still find him annoying. However, if your opinion has changed because he is gay then there is something wrong with you. (Not you, just in general).

That’s fair comment.

My opinion of him a week ago would have been that he’s a bit precious, bit delicate, bit of a drama queen.

Fast forward a week and you can add ‘absolute ****’ to that list for the way he has deceived his wife for nearly three decades.

Banging an 18 year old This Morning runner allegedly (who he met when the runner was 15 and he got him a job on this morning)

If this rumour is correct - and the cynic would suggest there’s no smoke without fire - then Philip Schofield is a disgrace and should be sacked immediately. Plenty of others have fallen by the sword for a similar high profile indiscretion in the workplace. It’s been said too that his sexuality and behaviour was common knowledge within the This Morning circle and if that’s the case and the likes of Holly Willoughby, Eamon Holmes etc were aware then their reactions are equally as reprehensible albeit obviously not sackable.

It’s as if coming out overrides everything and the outpouring of support is utterly ridiculous. If he’s been unfaithful to his wife, whether with a male or female, then he should be held to account. If there’s truth in the rumour can you imagine the fall out if this was another male presenter of similar age, 57 or 58, having and affair with a female This Morning runner 40 years his junior ? I guarantee you now his career in TV would be over.

Being gay, coming out, call it what you like should not afford someone an outpouring of support. There’s another party in this, namely his poor wife, and you cannot divide affairs into categories - acceptable ones and unacceptable ones based on whether they’re same sex affairs. Philip Schofield is a clever man, an astute man, and he knows full well what not to get involved in.

The allegations concerning the runner are unproven. The runner seems to be 24, not 18, and perhaps something has been going on for a couple of years.

Why do people want to gossip, and spread mischievous rumours?

That’s why it’s still brave for someone in the public eye to come: there are plenty of people who will try and turn it into a reputational smear even when they say “it shouldn’t matter in this day and age”. Gay people are still commonly held to a different standard in the public domain and treated suspiciously by many in public. The assumption that everything is black and white and psychologically straightforward (eg “he’s a t**t for lying to his wife for these years”) is also simply wrong. A gay man can love a woman and want to have a family with her without it being a lie. There are plenty of loveless heterosexual marriages out there ...

These accurate empirical observations and frankly Voltairean attitude will debar you forever from a political career in the UK. You do realise that, @chuckbert ?

If this rumour is correct - and the cynic would suggest there’s no smoke without fire - then Philip Schofield is a disgrace and should be sacked immediately. Plenty of others have fallen by the sword for a similar high profile indiscretion in the workplace. It’s been said too that his sexuality and behaviour was common knowledge within the This Morning circle and if that’s the case and the likes of Holly Willoughby, Eamon Holmes etc were aware then their reactions are equally as reprehensible albeit obviously not sackable.

It’s as if coming out overrides everything and the outpouring of support is utterly ridiculous. If he’s been unfaithful to his wife, whether with a male or female, then he should be held to account. If there’s truth in the rumour can you imagine the fall out if this was another male presenter of similar age, 57 or 58, having and affair with a female This Morning runner 40 years his junior ? I guarantee you now his career in TV would be over.

Being gay, coming out, call it what you like should not afford someone an outpouring of support. There’s another party in this, namely his poor wife, and you cannot divide affairs into categories - acceptable ones and unacceptable ones based on whether they’re same sex affairs. Philip Schofield is a clever man, an astute man, and he knows full well what not to get involved in.

No smoke without fire - you mean there’s never been an unfounded rumour about a celebrity?!?

People have been having their twitter accounts deleted, wiped and suspended all weekend over what looks like some pretty dodgy ‘evidence’ being uncovered and subsequently shared. There’s a lot of stuff strongly suggesting some serious foul play, here. More than the usual hearsay. This looks seriously suspect.

The exclusive interview with The Sun yesterday tells you a lot. They had some sort of story they were about to blow the lid off, and this was their payoff in exchange for letting him ‘come out’. That is how this works. The exact nature of the story they had on him, though... that’s the question.

True - so there’s been smoke with fire, and then smoke without fire. So saying ‘no smoke without fire’, in this context, is demonstrably incorrect.

I started off with the word ‘If’, I also said a ‘cynic’ so clearly not a reference to everyone. I can’t prove it, no. Can you disprove it ?

That's not how things work though is it?

What, you mean no one ever speculates anything and we all just deal in facts ? On here ? !!!! You of all people, 90% of your posts in the January transfer thread were based on heresay, unproven tittle tattle and pure guesswork - most of which came to absolutely nothing and were unfounded.

Schofield has plonked himelf right in the middle of a sea of speculation and I'd say those speculating he's been faithful and true to his wife for these past 27 years have no more credibility than those speculating he must have had a gay relationship in that period.

What, you mean no one ever speculates anything and we all just deal in facts ? On here ? !!!! You of all people, 90% of your posts in the January transfer thread were based on heresay, unproven tittle tattle and pure guesswork - most of which came to absolutely nothing and were unfounded.

Schofield has plonked himelf right in the middle of a sea of speculation and I'd say those speculating he's been faithful and true to his wife for these past 27 years have no more credibility than those speculating he must have had a gay relationship in that period.

The point is that it isn't for someone to DISPROVE speculation. A week ago I had no interest in Philip Schofield's sex life, and no more now. I applaud someone who is able to speak openly about their sexuality, because this thread proves that remains a big issue for many.

If he's cheated then that's a matter for him and his family. If he's abused his position then that's a matter for his employer. I'm not sure why anyone else is that interested?

Back
Top Bottom