National News Philip Schofield - Comes out

Must be hard on his wife, certainly when she first found out (if she didn't already know anyway), but it sounds like (based on the statement) that she and the family are getting on with it and accepting it. Good luck to them all as it doesn't just affect him.

Doesnt bother me. not a big fan though when he fronts webuyanycar.com

I can't say I'm that surprised, but happy for him feeling able to come out and live life as he wants to on his terms. Clearly it's been an emotional journey for him and his family.

I'd make a joke about Gordon the Gopher, but it would be in bad taste.

In all honesty, this is a brave thing to do - it is no longer obvious that society cares much about anyone's sexuality, but because of PS's life in the public eye he obviously feels that he has to tell everyone. The real hard part is the personal family aspect, but I guess that he has had to come out in public to help him and his family move forward.

Most unfortunate joke.

In other news, millions shocked as Pope reveals he is a Catholic.

Such a shame this is still jumped on by the media. LBC even did a phone in!!
Good luck to the guy.

Such a shame this is still jumped on by the media. LBC even did a phone in!!
Good luck to the guy.
Dont want to be 'that guy' but being gay is cool and marketable in his industry now. As much as this was about him coming out for the sake of his private life, he would have been advised by his PR team to do so. If it was truly a private matter and given today's social climate and increasing understanding of sexuality, hed have just cracked on because let's face it, it's not like we are going to bump into him in the Jim Smith upper, is it?

Fair enough, I'm not sure too many people are bothered these days but best of luck to him. Seems a decent guy.

Dont want to be 'that guy' but being gay is cool and marketable in his industry now. As much as this was about him coming out for the sake of his private life, he would have been advised by his PR team to do so. If it was truly a private matter and given today's social climate and increasing understanding of sexuality, hed have just cracked on because let's face it, it's not like we are going to bump into him in the Jim Smith upper, is it?
Er he’s being gay for the money? Are you sure about that?

Maybe your right, but it's still not helpful in normalising such an event in someone's life.

Back
Top Bottom