National News Philip Schofield - Comes out

What a man. I have to admit it shocked me, but cannot help but feel happy for him. Have a listen to his chat with Holly on This Morning, just after he announced it.

Good luck to him and his wife in finding future happiness but “what a man” is a bit over the top ! “What a woman” in the direction of his wife is perhaps more appropriate given she’s the one that has been well and truly shafted, so to speak, these past 30 odd years.

He’s sat next to Holly Willoughby holding hands and giving Eamon Holmes a cuddle ! With respect there’s a few better examples worthy of the “what a man” tag. In the entertainment and theatre world he’s come out as gay, let’s keep it in perspective.

Last edited:
Couldn’t give a monkey what he does in his private life, but can’t understand how being a ‘Shirt Lifter’ is grounds to be proud or celebrate. whole charade seems to me to be a bunch of luv’ies doing what they do best holding hands, cuddling and giving each other a slap on the back ????

Good luck to him and his wife in finding future happiness but “what a man” is a bit over the top ! “What a woman” in the direction of his wife is perhaps more appropriate given she’s the one that has been well and truly shafted, so to speak, these past 30 odd years.

He’s sat next to Holly Willoughby holding hands and giving Eamon Holmes a cuddle ! With respect there’s a few better examples worthy of the “what a man” tag. In the entertainment and theatre world he’s come out as gay, let’s keep it in perspective.

“What a man” there’s an argument that this could not be further from the truth !

Couldn’t give a monkey what he does in his private life, but can’t understand how being a ‘Shirt Lifter’ is grounds to be proud or celebrate. whole charade seems to me to be a bunch of luv’ies doing what they do best holding hands, cuddling and giving each other a slap on the back ????

"Shirt Lifter"?

Really?

It's 2020, not 1960 you ignorant t**t! Maybe for someone who "doesn't give a monkeys" you should leave you pathetic little views to yourself.

I think it’s more saying people are proud that he had the courage to come out, given that there are still people like you in the world with such backwards views.

Some people are gay - get over it. Feeling superior or trying to look down on people doesn’t make you any better, even though it might make you feel good for a second.

"Shirt Lifter"?

Really?

It's 2020, not 1960 you ignorant t**t! Maybe for someone who "doesn't give a monkeys" you should leave you pathetic little views to yourself.

I think it’s more saying people are proud that he had the courage to come out, given that there are still people like you in the world with such backwards views.

Some people are gay - get over it. Feeling superior or trying to look down on people doesn’t make you any better, even though it might make you feel good for a second.

Jesus, good job its cold outside it’s stopping all the snowflakes from melting !

Calling people 'snowflakes' when they rightfully call you out for using pretty stupid language and having attitudes stuck somewhere back in the 1960's is a bit feeble.

Jesus, good job its cold outside it’s stoping all the snowflakes from melting !
*stopping

Oh and well done with the snowflake comment. That immediately undermines my views and gives you to moral high ground!!

Quick question. Why are you concerned with who someone else is attracted to?

Unfortunately the term 'snowflake' is used to justify all sorts of unacceptable language and actions these days.

*stopping

Oh and well done with the snowflake comment. That immediately undermines my views and gives you to moral high ground!!

Quick question. Why are you concerned with who someone else is attracted to?

To be honest I’m not, like I said “don’t give a monkeys” everybody to their own especially when it comes to a persons private life and what sex they are attracted to, but have to be honest just getting a bit sick of media banging on almost everyday about the gay, trans, confused sexual communities etc etc

As for the “shirt lifter” comment get a grip, think it’s still a term that has a degree of humour to it and a lot better than many others used it’s just another term that many would say is tongue in the cheek banter. although appreciate the snowflakes amongst us see otherwise.

Surely the issue is that in a modern acceptable world where people are relatively free to live a life of their choice, why is this deemed to be news?
if he (or anyone) stated he had an affair with another woman would the reaction be wow what a man, it would just have led to mild banter so why does he and the media need to make such a big issue out of it...

TBH I think the media have made a bigger deal of it than the public. Everyone I've even heard mention it has found it mildly interesting that someone they 'knew' from their childhood isn't quite as he seemed (or maybe he is!) but not much more than that. The media seem to want to 'pap' the bloke though - not sure what a few new pictures of him will show?!

There's a degree of overkill in the media where you would think that everyone is a gay, vegan, climate activist, but let's be honest, this comes after decades where minorities haven't had a voice.

But calling people "shirt lifters" or questioning if being gay makes someone any less of a man is absolutely pathetic.

I might fall out with many people over different view related to Oxford United, but the one thing I will always defend is someone's right to be themselves. Attacking someone, even if only in fun, because of who they fall in love with, what colour they are, what God they believe in, what they choose to eat or wear or what gender they identify with, really has no place in this world.

Be who you want to be, but please be nice to Karl, Zaki and the club!!! ??

The only thing that bothers me about ol Phil coming out is that it took him nearly a lifetime to do it.
That is sad, especially in this day and age.

There's a degree of overkill in the media where you would think that everyone is a gay, vegan, climate activist, but let's be honest, this comes after decades where minorities haven't had a voice.

But calling people "shirt lifters" or questioning if being gay makes someone any less of a man is absolutely pathetic.

I might fall out with many people over different view related to Oxford United, but the one thing I will always defend is someone's right to be themselves. Attacking someone, even if only in fun, because of who they fall in love with, what colour they are, what God they believe in, what they choose to eat or wear or what gender they identify with, really has no place in this world.

Be who you want to be, but please be nice to Karl, Zaki and the club!!! ??

Sadly there is also a very fine line nowadays for standard speech or conversation, if you take a view or voice an opinion you do have to be careful that none of the above or from different culture country applies or you then have a Label yourself. That is what overkill has done as well as perceived route to easy money.

Sadly there is also a very fine line nowadays for standard speech or conversation, if you take a view or voice an opinion you do have to be careful that none of the above or from different culture country applies or you then have a Label yourself. That is what overkill has done as well as perceived route to easy money.

It's very simple. Judge people by what they do, not who they are.

If you thought Philip Schofield was annoying last week, then it's perfectly fine to still find him annoying. However, if your opinion has changed because he is gay then there is something wrong with you. (Not you, just in general).

Back
Top Bottom