Phil Neville - England Ladies manager

There is that and in plenty of cases justified but plenty can be taken completely out of context (such as a joke).

Those who do the searches/get in a lather over this have never written anything on social media that is insulting or belittles people. I'm sure every single one is whiter than white.

Likewise, this raking over old ground from many years before, especially if young at the time, doesn't allow for people learning or changing their view.

There has to be a balance that has to be found or skilled/capable people won't put themselves forward for important roles in things like Politics.

Well its not just roles like this. Quite a few companies now do social media checks on candidates, even for quite low level jobs. It certainly makes lying on your CV a much harder exercise given that people can look back and see what you were actually doing a couple of years ago. In the age of social media and sharing everything it will be something people will have to get used to.

Going forward I bet the press will always refer to "Phil Neville's England ladies team" rather than just "The England ladies team"

Impressive start for England under Neville. Good showing in the She Believes Cup and now ranked 2nd in the world behind US.

I’ve been impressed with his approach; using Mo Marley during his transition period, recruiting Casey Stoney to help bridge the gap between himself and the players, as well as offer advice. All common sense really, but a less grounded ego may have taken a different approach. I also like that he is watching games and picking players on performance, rather than copy-pasting the standard England team. He has given hope to all England players by more or less saying if you play well, you’ll play.

Our performance in the She Believes Cup was good. Beat France well, drew with Germany and lost to US. I think we showed a lot of character and although I think US were/are a better team, it was very close. We had chances to win and lost due to silly error.

Bring on the Welsh!

Back
Top Bottom