Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sarge

God like member
Poor I thought, his assistants were poor too
thought he was letting the game flow, instead 'allowed' pompey to get away with their usual s**t- simply Allison wasn't a strong enough referee for this sort of full blooded L1 encounter

pen shout,- gave nothing,

their 2nd goal looked offside- nothing given

Cowley got away with all sorts of antics, he was way, way outside his technical area most the time - nothing said, or done by the 4th official or referee

added a minimum of 5 mins, yet blew the ft whistle after 4.5 or therabouts

Allison's inexperience was evident- a 3 from me

Last edited:
Bang average for this league... unfortunately. 5, if not my 1s would be - 5!

2 from me he was poor not experienced enough for big games like tonights game.

Poor. Not good enough for a match like this. Little help from his assistants either.

A very inexperienced ref who was just out of his depth for this game.

I thought he had a game of two halves. Perhaps this is reflected in how the game was going.
In the first half he did ok, but in the second half he bottled big decisions. If Taylor wasn’t fouled then he should have been booked for simulation.
As others have said ultimately he was out of his depth.

Bit of an overreaction, he made a few wrong calls but nothing significant.

Much is being made of blowing up early: it was a couple of seconds at most, and certainly not a minute.

Pretty poor. I thought he had no authority over the players, and (especially in the second half) started not giving decisions - either way - if they were at anything other than completely obvious. Sometimes if they were! Didn't look confident, blew up too early at full time. Looked like he should still be learning his trade in the lower leagues.

Bit of an overreaction, he made a few wrong calls but nothing significant.

Much is being made of blowing up early: it was a couple of seconds at most, and certainly not a minute.
It’s rare to see a referee blow up while the ball is bouncing around a box though. Plus there should have been more than 5 mins added in the first place. Plus there were stoppages and time wasting in the added time itself, so it should have gone over 5 mins if anything.

Yes, probably re more time.

It shouldn't matter where the ball is though - when it's time, it's time!

• React
Reactions: QR
It shouldn't matter where the ball is though - when it's time, it's time!
Damn Right. Back from the days when TV pictures were shite and shorts were hot pants, Brazil v Sweden. Clive Thomas, step forward...

At the game last night I did think he blew up early. We lost the best part of a minute during a throw in right in the bottom corner near the Oxford end because Pompey moron fans were pinging the ball around in the stands and not giving it back.

(I thought his general performance was averagely bad for L1 level. I certainly didn’t think it was unconscionably terrible or the reason we lost though. I’d have liked him to clamp down on the histrionics of the idiotic Cowley muppets, and I did think he was something of a “home-r” when it came to his decision making. But most refs at this level are I find and it’s not like we don’t also have a manager who is prone to a few irritating touchline antics)

I think he was a breath of fresh air for once letting the game go. He took no prisoners and didn’t fall for all the rolling around your guys did in the first half when you went 1-0 up early doors. It was nice to see a free flowing and relatively exciting game at this level.

Back
Top Bottom