National News Petrol prices

Peterdev

After touching £1.76 a litre last week a garage in Farnborough is now offering unleaded £1.91 a litre.
The government tax reduction certainly hasn’t helped much.
Bit worrying that this will be reflected in further inflation.
Personally I’ll be very surprised if interest rates are less than 5% by the end of the year.

After touching £1.76 a litre last week a garage in Farnborough is now offering unleaded £1.91 a litre.
Personally I’ll be very surprised if interest rates are less than 5% by the end of the year.

I remember reading a study/report that only 3p of tax reduction had actually been passed on to the customer.

Raising interest rates will not halt the war and so by default, will not halt price rises

I remember reading a study/report that only 3p of tax reduction had actually been passed on to the customer.
Tesco’s and the other supermarkets did an immediate n6p reduction when announce but now a short time later they are now dearer than before the 5 p reduction

Don't worry about the fuel prices though, the government is helping us out.
The prices were at around £1.50 a litre when Sunak announced he would cut the duty by 5p.
We're now paying around £1.85 a litre, in effect the price has gone up by 40p, thats 35p increase and the 5p cut has been absorbed.
Included in that 40p extra we're paying, the Gov't is getting an additional 7.5p in VAT.
So they're still getting the 5p duty that they cut but now as VAT plus another 2.5p VAT.
The Government looks after us, it's not as bad as we think it is.

:) :) :)

They reckon pretty soon it will cost £100 to fill your tank.

Out of that £100
• £16.67 is VAT
• £32.74 is fuel duty
• £35.84 for the wholesaler
• £9.71 is biofuel content
• £3.92 to the retailer
• £1.12 is delivery costs

Nearly £50 in tax alone! People complain the forecourt's are ripping you off. No they ain't, it's the government. Know your enemy. The Great British rip off.

The retailers were very slow to pass on the 5p reduction though.
I have been reading today that the U.K. have been sending three billion plus litres of fuel to the US every year.

local BP station have got standard diesel £1.91.9 a litre .... the robdogs have raised premium diesel to £2.05.9 per litre

Tesco at Cowley was 175.9 a litre for unleaded today.

Our local Morrisons up here is still 161.8 a litre for unleaded.

Glad I filled up at our end!! :)

Tesco at Cowley was 175.9 a litre for unleaded today.

Our local Morrisons up here is still 161.8 a litre for unleaded.

Glad I filled up at our end!! :)
£1.90+ at Frilford when I went past on the bus earlier! May have to fish my bike (of the push variety) out of the shed, as filling up my car will cost more than I paid to buy it before long!

Where are you all going anyway?

Drove down to Oxford to see the grandparents, parents, and my Sister. :)

Roads weren`t very busy, got diverted off the A46 on the way back (resurfacing works) and now know where Bingley Mega Chippy is so "down wid the kidz" ! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Drove down to Oxford to see the grandparents, parents, and my Sister. :)

Roads weren`t very busy, got diverted off the A46 on the way back (resurfacing works) and now know where Bingley Mega Chippy is so "down wid the kidz" ! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bradford?