Petition of Support for Stratfield Brake

OxVox

As many of you may have seen, we have set up a petition in support of the effort to help the club gain support for a move to Stratfield Brake.

The link to the petition is

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/p/StadOUFC

(link will open in a new window, if it doesn’t for any reason, cut and paste the link address into a new browser window)

We ask all members, supporters and friends of the club to sign this petition and to forward, retweet and post it on to generate the widest possible exposure we can.

We continue to work with the club on the questions we submitted regarding the potential new stadium. Many of these questions were already being discussed as well as ones picked up from members emails and from the forum and social media. We expect to have answers over the coming days.

Your support is key now and this is a vital way to show councils and the people of Oxford that this move is vital for our club and the county. This county deserves facilities that match out international reputation. A community hub that serves the county and gives Oxford United the financial sustainability we have craved for years.

You can also ask friends and family to join OxVox to help drive our club forward.

Thank you and as always……COYY

Signed it yesterday, as did my wife.

Forwarded it onto my folks this morning too [emoji1303]

Much as I despise such things I have signed.

I`m now off to flagellate myself and don a hair shirt.

I often wonder the value, but if on the other hand there are Kidlington NIMBYs setting up a similar petition against, at least we have one in favour.

link shared with my sister ( who'll sign it on behalf of my Dad too), my three nephews, ( 2 nephews, my sis, my Dad -and my sisters other half , she'll get him to sign too- all live in Kidlington/ OX5) , and with my kids n grandkids*( *those old enough to have email addresses) .... I expect all of them ( with email addresses) to sign

We'd like to thank everyone who has signed up so far. The response has been fantastic but there is still a long way to go. It is important to us the key decision makers at all stages of this process understand the level of feeling that supporters and friends of the club have towards a move and what it would mean to the club and community.

Love that this has become the new Dot Counting craze.

We are now within a tiny smidgin of 5,000 on the petition.

If you haven't yet signed it, please do so ASAP.

We are now within a tiny smidgin of 5,000 on the petition.

If you haven't yet signed it, please do so ASAP.

Have the club included a link to this via any of their emails? They may wish to avoid doing so directly but just thinking that their marketing emails will reach the tens of thousands of fans who have attended games over the last decade or two.

while the petition itself has over 5k signatorys, have the' pen n paper 'ones from the Sheff Wed and Bolton game ( and elsewhere?) been added on to the total as yet?

I just completed it (very quick to do). Several of the early questions seemed to be weighted against the move (e.g., how concerned are you about potential loss of woodland?) but later questions seemed weighted for the move (about the long-term future of OUFC, ease of public transport to get to the stadium, etc.). So it's definitely worth filling out by fans.

Back
Top Bottom