Peterdev's portfolio

Peterdev

Here’s my share portfolio. It doesn’t show transactions just holdings.
I have an investment trust portfolio too consisting of F and C holdings

Attachments

• 62FFB24E-41A9-42E8-ABCA-0F9474E52E3E.png
    62FFB24E-41A9-42E8-ABCA-0F9474E52E3E.png
    339.3 KB · Views: 65
This is a recent summary.
Aston Martin, Kingswood, BT, Legal and General and Redrow have been good to me recently

Attachments

• C96A3B0E-2633-4C40-B48C-B89769CF7696.png
    C96A3B0E-2633-4C40-B48C-B89769CF7696.png
    480 KB · Views: 40
Looking at Legal & General today has me thinking that it might be a good time to top up. Price is down but they still pay a dividend and are, or should be, good to bounce back once this latest knock from increased restrictions lifts.

To me they seem expensive. But then I bought at 180 and sold at 250.
I’m sure they are good to keep in a portfolio though.
Surprised at Taylor Wimpey. Well down despite the market rising 100points
Not happy with IAG having paid 168 last Wednesday only for them to point towards 150.
I am positive that the lockdown will be the final one. The number of 80 plus dying has dropped, likely as a result of being inoculated with the vaccine

Looking at Legal & General today has me thinking that it might be a good time to top up. Price is down but they still pay a dividend and are, or should be, good to bounce back once this latest knock from increased restrictions lifts.

Looking at this chart it might be worth holding off a little longer ? Nothing guaranteed of course but very bearish today

Attachments

• 2E78AFCE-565F-48FF-A374-92F6875965FA.png
    2E78AFCE-565F-48FF-A374-92F6875965FA.png
    399.5 KB · Views: 22
L and G will be amongst many insurance companies having been forced to pay out after the court hearing.
They might drift a bit for a week or so but are still a solid company

L and G will be amongst many insurance companies having been forced to pay out after the court hearing.
I sold L&G for a profit on eToro so I can move over to Freetrade, will be waiting to re-buy and see if the price goes down.

I am looking to top up on L&G.. again just waiting for an entry point.

If it drifts as you say then it might be imminent 👍🤞

At the moment my strategy on these sort of stocks is to seek out those where the price has settled down recently but which are still quite a way off pre-Covid levels, to then gradually top up for a longer 3-5 year horizon.

My much riskier AIM Investments could be anything from a few weeks to a few months.

L&G sold their business/general insurance arm to Allianz in 2019.

Maybe the impact of the court ruling will not be felt after all 🤔

MC good point. It’s always been quality. I first held this stock around forty years ago.
Like Taylor Wimpey, it’s a very good one in a portfolio.
I‘m considering a further investment trust in an ISA this year. Looking at Scottish Mortgage and Baillie Gifford. They’ve had explosive growth over twelve months and it’d be nice to be part of it before I retire...mind what goes up slowly often retracts quickly

Scottish Mortgage have always interested me, but I remember hearing something bad about them a year or so ago. But can't remember.

A few that have done me well over the years :-

BlackRock Throgmorton
Lindsell Train Global Equity
Mid Wynd

Scottish Mortgage have always interested me, but I remember hearing something bad about them a year or so ago. But can't remember.

I am sure I had this many years ago but not now. From memory I was very happy with it but I think needed a deposit for my first house and never went back in once I was in a position to invest again.

Their price fell back sharply and then rose again? They might have been Linsell Train IT.
They are more speculative I think because of their substantial holding in TESLR...although plenty of people believe the price will keep rising

TR Property IT has always had a good following. I am invested and like most ITs produces a nice dividend.
All my dividends are automatically reinvested.
I turn 66 in March, but because I plan to work until October before retiring, I might well invest half my pension into an ISA with growth in mind, as most of mine are income related.
An interesting one I hold is BMO Commercial Property. They currently pay 0.35p per share every month which has gone up from 0.25 earlier this year...it was 0.5p at the start of the year before being suspended.
Shares are currently around 70p, having been as much as 140p
I’m invested in them, and currently contributing £50pm..it is one of the more riskier ones to hold but should perform well over the longer term. It has investments in property in West London, and has seen rental income performing well despite obvious challenges with present events

I'm going to look into TR Property IT tomorrow @Peterdev. What's the code for BMO? BCTP?
That’s correct. TR comes under ticker TRY
it pays good dividends. We’ve recently bought £3000 of these from the proceeds of an accident my wife was in last September 2019. Takes a long time to come through.
BMO is a very good website to use. Plenty of useful information on there. BMO can be used to buy TRY too

That’s correct. TR comes under ticker TRY
it pays good dividends. We’ve recently bought £3000 of these from the proceeds of an accident my wife was in last September 2019. Takes a long time to come through.
BMO is a very good website to use. Plenty of useful information on there. BMO can be used to buy TRY too
What do you mean BMO can be used to buy TRY?

Back
Top Bottom