Away Match Day Thread +++ Peterborough Utd v OUFC - match day thread +++

Love it! We couldnt beat an egg at the moment Scotchers but yet were going to go on a mad winning run against the leagues best.

Honest question. Do you smoke crack?
Honest question, are you going to reply to my request for you to explain your reply to my post?

Oh and that’s a bad analogy, people get addicted to crack. Poor form Kip.

Going into the season very little but by end of December it was there to take - thats where the lack of ambition has told
And this lack of ambition has now filtered down to the supporters. It will interesting to see what the atmosphere at Burton is like.

Ha I wrote about this at the start of January. Henry and Cadden assisted the most shits in the team. People saw an attacking full back in Cadden but he was one of the top crossers in the league, assisted the most shots from his position nd git 4 assists from the start of the season. He was integral to how we played - he is a big miss that we haven't adjusted too
That’s beyond the call of duty. Do they hold the affected players’ hands whilst they squeeze out a rough one? Need more fibre in their diets!

Honest question, are you going to reply to my request for you to explain your reply to my post?

Oh and that’s a bad analogy, people get addicted to crack. Poor form Kip.
It was just a joke Bob. Im fully aware Mr Egg is not the new Super Hans :)

And my comment on your post was because it is indicative of how weve slipped from candidates to win the league to "probably best not to go up"

Just back.
Fair play to Peterborough, they got right in our faces and stopped us from getting any of our passing game going. Closing us speedily down. If In doubt they just launched long to Toney who out- jumped/muscled/fouled whoever was trying to mark him.
Some of our passing was (not surprisingly) too laboured and we lacked a cutting edge to our game. The Newcastle game was definitely a factor with us a yard too slow in body and mind.
Sometimes you have to accept that it is not your day. Today was one of them and with not much help from another totally inept referee.

One footnote to the positive, at least that gobshite Thompson got his marching orders... he such a c**t but at least we know that all of our baiting gets to him!!!?

Getting bettered like that was annoying but We have to shake it off and move on.
The prize is still very much alive if we can rise to it.

I think this is the central point. We knew we needed a striker and a full back and I can’t believe we needed to sell to get them - they didn’t have to be million pound men, just good solid league one standard.
Has anybody really taken a step back to look at the big picture though? I know I’m going to get abused by certain sections on here but here goes. Late in 2019 we were supposedly going for promotion, able to cover the costs for a promotion push and there was exciting news imminent regarding stadium progress. By the end of January 2020, we’ve sold two players for a sizeable sum, failed to bring players in because we need to be ‘sustainable’ and we’re not ready yet for the championship and people need to stop speculating on stadium progress because there’s nothing to say for the time being. Talk about a club sticking a bloody great pin into the positive balloon within a matter of weeks. I can’t help but feel that something somewhere has shifted behind the scenes and I struggle to believe that it’s good.

Paul on Rad Ox. Joy

Said no one

FFS grow a pair man. What he said, having been at the game, was spot on. Jerome agreed with everything that was said, the texts read out did, and it summed up what KR thought of the performance. The call was finished off with everything is still rosy in the garden but a win was needed on Saturday.

Were you actually there?? Did you actually listen to the call??

It's a forum, try contributing constructively, or jog on and support swinedon!

FFS grow a pair man. What he said, having been at the game, was spot on. Jerome agreed with everything that was said, the texts read out did, and it summed up what KR thought of the performance. The call was finished off with everything is still rosy in the garden but a win was needed on Saturday.

He? Don't you mean you?

Agree with everything said in the call. Very good points made. Spot on.

CB has had his head "turned" as they say in the business & he will be off in the summer to a Championship club - so he's not going to bust a gut to get us there is he? He has just stopped playing and with no medical reason for it is extremely sad. You can bet that Zaki Nusbeih is already using his bean counter to work out how much "unplanned" revenue would have come from the play-off matches that now look a tall order but, hey, he has already said on RO that (quote)..."promotion would not be a good thing". Says it all.

I have to take issue with the Brannagan point, the guy is passionate about us and gives 100% every game. Clearly he’s not himself but we can’t knock him for a loss of form when he’s been so consistent.

The problem is the lack of ambition from the board to spend money on a striker, which, as Peterboro' showed today makes all of the difference. The system left Taylor, who didn't seem ready to return, isolated. All this, with the defence playing Russian Roulette in our box.

Any changes were made far too late, and Mackie in front of Agyei is a strange move by KR.
Are they mentally tired after Tuesday?

The board didn't invest, so we have to get on with it. This squad is good enough to go up and has to dust itself down and go again Tuesday.
I would like to see players, fresher, brought in to give the Taylors and Brannigan's a rest.
Thorne, Kelly, Agyei, Holland and possibly Ford can all make a difference, deserve their chance, and are more than capable of getting a much needed result

Whatever any fans opinion is, to which they are entitled, unless we believe still, how can we expect the players to believe.
Fantastic support there today. COYY

A tough watch today, we were fine for the first 15 minutes and it looked like it was going to be a very entertaining even game that could go either way, a little over an hour later it was our biggest defeat of the season in what was (on paper) probably our strongest starting line up we have had for months...
The difference was obviously the front 3 of Peterborough compared to our Matty Taylor being isolated....
The possession stats were on our side however it’s what you do with the possession that counts...
No excuses today and one we have to get over quickly before our season peters out and we are living in hope rather than having a real chance of success 4 or 5 weeks ago...
February will sort things out for better or for worse...

Was always going to be a tough game, even before playing 120 minutes midweek. Still a lot of games this month and a fair bit of rotation to be expected. A lot of this team has played a lot of games. It’s the likes of Kelly, Holland, Moore and Agyei which need to step up over the next couple of weeks.

Sunderland and Wimbledon games massive in the context of our season. Anything from Burton a bonus now.

The problem is the lack of ambition from the board to spend money on a striker, which, as Peterboro' showed today makes all of the difference. The system left Taylor, who didn't seem ready to return, isolated. All this, with the defence playing Russian Roulette in our box.

Any changes were made far too late, and Mackie in front of Agyei is a strange move by KR.
Are they mentally tired after Tuesday?

The board didn't invest, so we have to get on with it. This squad is good enough to go up and has to dust itself down and go again Tuesday.
I would like to see players, fresher, brought in to give the Taylors and Brannigan's a rest.
Thorne, Kelly, Agyei, Holland and possibly Ford can all make a difference, deserve their chance, and are more than capable of getting a much needed result

Whatever any fans opinion is, to which they are entitled, unless we believe still, how can we expect the players to believe.
Fantastic support there today. COYY

To be fair Mackie did okay when he came on, that's not to say Agyei wouldn't have better but just saying.
The Posh played with real energy the little fella on loan from Brizzle looked particularly good

I’m planning my trip to Ipswich. How many on here going?
anyone going up from Farnborough area?

Back
Top Bottom