General Peter Lorimer RIP

SteMerritt

Staff member

Another great of the past has left us. Only saw him play the once, but the Oxford 5 Leeds 2 game certainly sticks in the memory. The incident between Lorimer and Aldridge is one of the classic moments from the 80s, and all played out in front of the Match of the Day cameras.

Another great of the past has left us. Only saw him play the once, but the Oxford 5 Leeds 2 game certainly sticks in the memory. The incident between Lorimer and Aldridge is one of the classic moments from the 80s, and all played out in front of the Match of the Day cameras.
remember that game well... football was still a mans game in those days

RIP Peter Lorimer

Remember that so well - he was sent off and Aldo probably should have been

Was there for that, seemed to take ages for him to walk off the pitch. Good job there was no VAR.
RIP

what I always remember was Lorimer pointing the finger at himself when the referee sent him off.
Yeah sort of saying "he hit me there". That was what kicked the Leeds fans off wasn't it, felt sorry for the cameraman up on the scaffolding when they started dismantling it to throw on the pitch.

I’m just glad that the match completed.
I can recall a group of very unhappy Leeds ‘fans’ assembled around the London Road end wanting trouble but they thought better of it

Back
Top Bottom