Perth, Western Australia

Neville60

Now I know this is probably not feasible, BUT if it was, who would be willing to travel ^over here for a pre season, obviously time and finances permiting ?

A place I've always wanted to go, but never had occasion to visit. It's on my list, so count me in.

Been a few times as my eldest lives there. Lovely place but full of convicts ?

If you do decide to visit sometime pm me.

Oh, I'll definitely do it. I was in Melbourne at the end of 2016 on business, and planned in Sydney, Port Douglas, Queenstown NZ, and Singapore as a holiday, but had to cancel all bar Port Douglas due to business reasons, and was gutted.

I'm taking early retirement in three weeks time and intend to do Australia and NZ properly, probably starting off in Western Australia, so I'll let you know. How long have you been out there? I've always been fascinated by the remoteness of the place, and wonder if it feels that remote when you're out there?

Oh, I'll definitely do it. I was in Melbourne at the end of 2016 on business, and planned in Sydney, Port Douglas, Queenstown NZ, and Singapore as a holiday, but had to cancel all bar Port Douglas due to business reasons, and was gutted.

I'm taking early retirement in three weeks time and intend to do Australia and NZ properly, probably starting off in Western Australia, so I'll let you know. How long have you been out there? I've always been fascinated by the remoteness of the place, and wonder if it feels that remote when you're out there?
Early retirement Colin?;)

Last edited:

I emigrated in 86 when I was 25 going on 26. Remoteness depends on where you live, probably 4 - 5hr North or West of Perth.

Short answer but really too hard to write an explanation. Sorry

Last edited:
The lambretta in my profile pic is in its original condition from the the film Quadrophenia. Got to go on it last August in Brighton ?

I was a mod wannanbe, in the 80's didn't have a Lambretta, but tried to dress in the fashion. My eldest brother grew up in that era
60's . I remember going to watch Quadrophenia, great movie, bit part by Sting ( The Police).

Last edited:
I started off listening to the Small faces and sixties r&b then when the Jam happened it just escalated for me. Still the same now and I’m 55. Can’t imagine ever changing now.

I actually live an hour outside of Perth, but most of my family live in and around, we are all BB / Leys, born and bred, and pround of it. Taylors

I was brought up in BBL too, Pegasus Road but lived in Barton for the last 20 years

Back
Top Bottom