Perth, Western Australia

Just round the corner! We lived in the houses by the bus terminus, my old mum still lives there. Small world eh ?

I started off listening to the Small faces and sixties r&b then when the Jam happened it just escalated for me. Still the same now and I’m 55. Can’t imagine ever changing now.

I did enjoy the Style Council with Paul Weller as well. Although more jaz and soul music.

Just round the corner! We lived in the houses by the bus terminus, my old mum still lives there. Small world eh ?

My brother Ellis lived in those white card board flats when they were first built. Bulldozed now thank fu*k terrible building.

I had one of those with my first wife! That was around the time of the “joy rider riot” ?

Oh, I'll definitely do it. I was in Melbourne at the end of 2016 on business, and planned in Sydney, Port Douglas, Queenstown NZ, and Singapore as a holiday, but had to cancel all bar Port Douglas due to business reasons, and was gutted.

I'm taking early retirement in three weeks time and intend to do Australia and NZ properly, probably starting off in Western Australia, so I'll let you know. How long have you been out there? I've always been fascinated by the remoteness of the place, and wonder if it feels that remote when you're out there?

You do realise that the close season coincides with winter in the Antipodes don't you?:eek:

I emigrated in 86 when I was 25 going on 26. Remoteness depends on where you live, probably 4 - 5hr North or West of Perth.

Short answer but really too hard to write an explanation. Sorry

No problem mate.

I hope it was after 20 April 1986 when you emigrated?

2016 I sat in my daughters garden eating a fine Xmas dinner in 40 degrees heat. That is part of what I love about Perth, so warm. It’s a bit mad though walking through the steeets and seeing houses with all the Xmas lights and plastic snowmen etc in that heat.

No problem mate.

I hope it was after 20 April 1986 when you emigrated?

I wish it had been, I had already booked and paid for the flight. I missed both the semi final against Villa and the Final as I left on the 28th Febuary.

How sad is that?

2016 I sat in my daughters garden eating a fine Xmas dinner in 40 degrees heat. That is part of what I love about Perth, so warm. It’s a bit mad though walking through the steeets and seeing houses with all the Xmas lights and plastic snowmen etc in that heat.

Yeah, still feels odd, I'll have to go back for a Christmas. We had a very mild xmas and summer this year, hardly any days over 30 - 32 loved it.

Was there in December 2007.

Gilchrist hit a hundred in 57 balls and the Aussies crushed us. But the week in Western Oz was otherwise fantastic.

Beautiful part of the world, and loved the pace of life. But still feel that the remoteness might get to me if I lived there......

We have family in Perth in the process of planning it now. It’s looking like Feb 20 at the mo. 30 wedding anniversary trip for Mrs Pompeyyellows and myself.

Was there in December 2007.

Gilchrist hit a hundred in 57 balls and the Aussies crushed us. But the week in Western Oz was otherwise fantastic.

Beautiful part of the world, and loved the pace of life. But still feel that the remoteness might get to me if I lived there......

Some people love the remoteness, it's a great place to explore.

Lovely down there, we hope to retire there in the next 5 years or so. Love visiting Freo when we are there as well.

Back
Top Bottom