General Perfect Partnership or attack

Whitehead
Robinson Elliott Shotton Ford
Beachamp Hebberd Magilton Simpson
Aldridge Byrne

That's my dream team, some serious talent in there, we've had some great players over the years!

Whitehead
Robinson Elliott Shotton Ford
Beachamp Hebberd Magilton Simpson
Aldridge Byrne

That's my dream team, some serious talent in there, we've had some great players over the years!
You can't leave out David Langan!!!

Burton in goal - great ‘shot-stopper’ and the shorts!!! If you know you know.....

Langan, Shotten, Elliot, Baldock (playing out of position I know)

Houghton, Beauchamp, Lundstrum (someone’s gotta sit in front of the back four), Hebbard

Roofe, Aldridge

Judge
Langan Elliott Briggs Slatter
Beauchamp Hebberd Houghton Simpson
Aldridge Hamilton

Subs - Hardwick, Bardsley, Shotton, L Phillips, Saunders

• React
Reactions: Ian
That was a partnership made in heaven (or Manor from Heaven) Fantastic memories, and a truly lethal strike force, what great days and nights in London Rd just waiting for either of them to score “We’re go na score in a minute” and we generally did. ?
With Peter RB, or Brock or Chicken pinging the balls in from the wings

N'toya was class and I won't have anybody say otherwise.

Elliott and Gilchrist were a decent partnership.

Elliott,. Man mountain, won everything in the air and great distribution.

Gilchrist, lightening fast and was able to cover for Elliott when forwards had got passed.

who ive personally witnessed,

Whitehead,
Baldock, Elliott, Nelson, Robinson,
Beauchamp, Maguire, Lundstum, Roofe,
Constable, Moody

Those of a certain age might cite the Arthur Turner side(s) that took just 7 years/seasons to go from non league starting from Headington United- Oxford United, to going up to old Leauge division 2 (The Championship now) and into the 70s.... including beating the then mighty Blackburn Rovers in FA Cup , and losing to PNE ( to one if not 2 disputed goals) on the way

best team from that era would be (for me)..

Barron
Beavon
Quartermain
Roberts
Kyle
Atkinson ( R)
Knight
Jones
Atkinson (G)
Calder
Harrington

No Substitutes till the 66/67 season ... applying the 7 sub rule of today, the bench would consist of :- Houghton, Shuker, Clarke (C), Sloan, Skeen, Evanson , Fearnley (gk)

Last edited:
Best team since I've been alive.

Whitehead
Robinson
Baldock
Elliot
Nelson
Beauchamp
Roofe
Whitehead
Lunny
Maguire
Moody

Honourable mentions
Hackett
Powell
Brooks
Leven
Duberry
Turley
Constable
Whyte
Ledson

Aldridge and Roofe would’ve been incredible with Dean Saunders and Billy Hamilton on the bench

Has to be the perfect partnership that actually played together in real life, Billy Hamilton and John Aldridge.

I was so lucky to be able to see this partnership in action.
Aldo actually said last year when interviewed that of all his striking partners Hamilton was his number one

What would the likes of Elliot, Joey, Houghton, Aldridge, Saunders be worth in today’s crazy transfer market?

Back
Top Bottom