General Perfect Partnership or attack

Who of a certain age could ever forget Davey Sloans diving header to beat the scum(I think) in front of the london road early 70s(I think!!)

Who of a certain age could ever forget Davey Sloans diving header to beat the scum(I think) in front of the london road early 70s(I think!!)
if memory serves(?) wasnt that a League cup match, and at the time Sw*nd*n were the current holders, and we knocked them out in an early round?

First win V 'them' too wasnt it ?

Last edited:
September 1969, just over 18000 packed in to the Manor LC 3rd round. I was a young lad sat on the wall behind the London Road goal. So I had a perfect view of Sloans great diving header!! Happy days?

Ladies & Gentleman I give you...........

the goal machine

that is.................................

1565364543820.png

I saw every one of his goals. ? ? ? :love:

Has to be the perfect partnership that actually played together in real life, Billy Hamilton and John Aldridge.

I was so lucky to be able to see this partnership in action.
No question these 2 were the best strikers in OUFC history.....i remember the day it all started to go wrong .....Hamilton injured in the warm up and replaced by Jones (live tv match v Blackburn) i think????? all down hill from then

No question these 2 were the best strikers in OUFC history.....i remember the day it all started to go wrong .....Hamilton injured in the warm up and replaced by Jones (live tv match v Blackburn) i think????? all down hill from then
Yeah mostly right, the game v Blackburn wasn't live on TV from what I recall (the Milk Cup Final was our first TV live game) but it was an FA cup tie, the winners were to play Man Utd I believe in the next round, and that was to be live on TV.

Yes we lost 1-0.
We missed Billy so much after that we only won 1 of our next 6!! A big blip. But things improved when Jeremy Charles settled in after a few games.

I was in the LR end that day so sad and sorry for Billy and OUFC.

100% Aldridge and Hamilton, it just clicked and worked 100%.

Matt Green and Constable were pretty impressive too, then there was Roofe

Back
Top Bottom