General Perfect Partnership or attack

LeftSideBoy

Evening gents,

Just been on Twatter and saw this so thought id see what you come up with. As you know, we have an abundance of 30 goal a game strikers right now so no need to name those (looking at you @bazzer9461 )

Mine would be: Dean Windass as ST with Beano playing just off him as a false 9.

Could take this one further and name your perfect attack. Fill ya boots...Screenshot_20190807-190024_Twitter.jpg

Last edited:
Bud Houghton powering down the centre and Tony Jones feeding off the scraps. Together averaging 50 goals per season. Wonderful days.

Has to be the perfect partnership that actually played together in real life, Billy Hamilton and John Aldridge.

I was so lucky to be able to see this partnership in action.
That was a partnership made in heaven (or Manor from Heaven) Fantastic memories, and a truly lethal strike force, what great days and nights in London Rd just waiting for either of them to score “We’re go na score in a minute” and we generally did. ?

Has to be the perfect partnership that actually played together in real life, Billy Hamilton and John Aldridge.

I was so lucky to be able to see this partnership in action.
Here, Here!!
So sad Billy got injured and never recovered properly. They struck up an almost instant understanding. Not sure we will ever see a pairing as good at that level in a United shirt.

Aldridge and Hamilton. No question, no need to think further, anyone who witnessed it would agree. Complimented each other perfectly, God knows where we would have gone had Hamilton not got injured.

John Aldridge & John Byrne for me!

Byrne was a really talented, skilful, creative number 10, our own Eric Cantona, and Aldridge was simply a goal machine!

Okay, what about perfect attack - midfield and forwards. Formation of your choice...

Bloody hell, that'll take some thinking. First thoughts are Aldo and Hamilton up top. Paul Simpson on left, Ray Houghton on the right. Central midfield Hebberd and Magilton.

EDIT: No take out Houghton and put Joey in on the right.

Back
Top Bottom