Peps comments

Every player that came in to the club was agreed on by every member of the club (sharing the responsibility for any poor choices).

I reckon the 'agreement' went something like this:

Pep: I want to sign Xemi.

Recruitment: I think we should go for someone else, but at the end of the day, we can't stop you.

Pep: Great. What about you, Faz & Chris?

Faz: I've never heard of him but I'll back you on this.

Chris: If you think he's good enough then go for it.

Pep: Glad that everyone's agreed. Oh and btw, if this goes wrong it's equally your fault.

Who was going to say to Pep after just appointing him that he couldn't have a player he wanted?

DE had to trust him at that point and as long as it was within the budget then I can't see why he would stop Pep. The recruitment team can only make recommendations unless they went directly to DE, cutting out Pep altogether, saying they are bad signings, how would that have gone down within the club?

The blame lays with Pep especially considering the duffers pretty much all had previous links with him. Based on their previous work I'm fairly certain our recruitment team didn't recommend the likes of Tiendalli.
Genuine question. Pep has/had a decent enough reputation in the game as a coach for a number of years. Yet I saw Tiendalli’s “debut” at Fleetwood and it was obvious after ten minutes that he wasn’t up to pro football. So, if I could see that (along with every other OUFC supporter there) why couldn’t Pep? Pep’s gone now, but his signings weere truly bizarre with Tiendalli and Xemi at the top of the list......

It sounds to me that Pep is a good salesman - he interviewed well (selling himself) and no doubt sold his view of the players being brought in to gain agreement. As head coach his opinion should carry weight on this area. The head of recruitment left so I would guess that there were differences of opinion despite what Pep says.

That bit of news must have passed me by when did he leave? according to the club website as of this morning he is still in position!

Head of Recruitment and Performance Analysis
Mark Thomas recruitment@oufc.co.uk

When he was sacked there were loads of people on here and on twitter who thought it was a bad move, said it was unfair, we'd made a mistake etc.

Just out of curiosity, is there anybody willing to put their hand up and say they still believe it was a bad decision, and that Pep was hard done by, and that they wish he'd stayed?

When he was sacked there were loads of people on here and on twitter who thought it was a bad move, said it was unfair, we'd made a mistake etc.

Just out of curiosity, is there anybody willing to put their hand up and say they still believe it was a bad decision, and that Pep was hard done by, and that they wish he'd stayed?

Where's BTBY when you need him?

Just listened to interview and he is clearly delusional..no mention of the inglorious cup exits (apart from checka) or rubbish drubbings..and also dissing don't know who but sounds like Faz as wishes he had had a reliable sounding board. Ah well all water under that old bridge now

I reckon the 'agreement' went something like this:

Pep: I want to sign Xemi.

Recruitment: I think we should go for someone else, but at the end of the day, we can't stop you.

Pep: Great. What about you, Faz & Chris?

Faz: I've never heard of him but I'll back you on this.

Chris: If you think he's good enough then go for it.

Pep: Glad that everyone's agreed. Oh and btw, if this goes wrong it's equally your fault.

He actively ignored the recruitment team’s scouting report and said he would sign his own players.

Unlike Appleton who gave them a brief as to the type of player he wanted and the scouting team sought them for him amongst other young players who could be built up and sold on for profit.

Pep didn’t just waste the season in a footballing sense, but in an economical one too - massively so.

Blame both.

Eales shouldn't have hired him and let him buy in all those useless players, Pep is not and will never be a good manager (we looked at his record remember!).

He applied for the job and got it. He shouldn't have though going by his previous attempts/record. Poor recruiting judgement by DE. Who is at least half to blame.

Back
Top Bottom