Championship Pep

It really did say it all when he was punted back to Spanish non-league pretty much the same day Clotet was sacked. I will never, ever understand how he was allowed to sign some of the players he did, let alone actually play them over the likes of Ledson and co. He had such a big budget and absolutely squandered it. That we turned down the likes of Lampard to go for him is just sickening.

A short but chaotic chapter best forgotten!

Never did turn down Lampard. However, Patrick Kluivet was in Oxford for talks!!

Would have been interesting with Lampard, looks like he's a good manager but given his status I think if he'd have come here, a Championship club would have got him after a season or two (provided he did well). May have been better to get KR in hindsight for the sake of stability and progress

Would have been interesting with Lampard, looks like he's a good manager but given his status I think if he'd have come here, a Championship club would have got him after a season or two (provided he did well). May have been better to get KR in hindsight for the sake of stability and progress

In terms of his career progression, it was probably better for him not to have come here. I think it would have been a little harder for him to get the Chelsea job having spent a season-and-a-half with us. He'd probably be at a Championship club now.

However, we might have gotten players like Mount and Tomori on loan for last season.

Funny club Birmingham
They get a super manager Gary Rowett who they sack and bring in Zola. We all know what happened there.
If Pep can emulate Zola I’d be very happy although not sure Blues fans would be.

Pep Clotet is a fraud. He’s a coach who has failed at every managerial gig he’s ever had.

He’ll be found out soon enough. For Birmingham City’s sake, it should be sooner rather than later.

Maybe if they keep him he will take them down and we will pass them on our way up how ironic would that be because we were told by some clown that sacking pep was the wrong thing to do we would of been in non league if we had kept him

Pep Clotet is a fraud. He’s a coach who has failed at every managerial gig he’s ever had.

He’ll be found out soon enough. For Birmingham City’s sake, it should be sooner rather than later.

I hope they stick with him to the end of the season. As we know he can start a season well but once his team starts losing he is useless.

At least he signed a few obscure Spaniards in August. Hope he gets the January window as well - he’s got a few 30+ former pros ready to sign.