Championship Pep

cassox

Seems to have p1ssed Monk off big time.................seems he is a bit of a snake??? should be interesting on Saturday ;)

I didn’t know the real pep was even aware the was somebody called monk he probably thinks it’s a religious person in a robe ?

Wasn’t Pep making insinuating remarks towards women at Oxford when he was here? Sounds a bit of a bounder

Yep. Was it Andrea, maybe mistaken the pa at oxford?
She certainly didn’t appreciate his spending and the company he kept! For a family man, he certainly liked ‘investing in the females of Oxford’ whilst staying away !

I seem to remember some sarcy' comments from the likes of Ledson when Pep had been pushed, taking the P**s out of Pep banning wifi or mobile phones when playing away.

Pep and his wife lived in Summertown. I’ve heard of popping out for some milk, but it would take an exceptional skill set to turn that into an all-night jolly on a regular basis.

Guess you’ll just have to trust me on this one! Pep and his mate Julian were often at it all night all whilst Ox were picking up the tab.

Bit of nostalgia
Oh, that takes me back. Looking at their client list now is just wonderful. How many ex-footballers without a club, or aimlessly bumbling around in non-league, can one ‘agency’ have? The entire roster is washed up has beens and desperate kids.

Make no mistake, Sir Pep would’ve relegated us and left us in such a terrible way that just hanging onto EFL status the season after would’ve been a battle. I cannot believe just how many people at the time thought it was a terrible decision.

Oh, that takes me back. Looking at their client list now is just wonderful. How many ex-footballers without a club, or aimlessly bumbling around in non-league, can one ‘agency’ have? The entire roster is washed up has beens and desperate kids.

Make no mistake, Sir Pep would’ve relegated us and left us in such a terrible way that just hanging onto EFL status the season after would’ve been a battle. I cannot believe just how many people at the time thought it was a terrible decision.

Selection Xemi ahead of Ledson & Rothwell has got to be one of the dumbest managerial decisions I’ve ever seen from an Oxford manager.

I believe Faz sussed out Pep fairy quickly.

Selection Xemi ahead of Ledson & Rothwell has got to be one of the dumbest managerial decisions I’ve ever seen from an Oxford manager.
It really did say it all when he was punted back to Spanish non-league pretty much the same day Clotet was sacked. I will never, ever understand how he was allowed to sign some of the players he did, let alone actually play them over the likes of Ledson and co. He had such a big budget and absolutely squandered it. That we turned down the likes of Lampard to go for him is just sickening.

A short but chaotic chapter best forgotten!

Was Julian the fella who turned up on here after he was sacked and started saying the club would be nothing without Pep etc?

Dunno about on here but he was a bad smell around Oxford and various location within to for a while. He and Pep had a regular little drinking club going.. I’ll keep other names out of it as they are still associated at the club.