Paul Scholes

I suspect a bit more to it than the above. Mention of the owner getting involved with decision making and team orders. Scholes is not one to walk away that easily.

Everyone in football knows about the Oldham owners desire to get into the day to day. I'm surprised someone so smart took the job

On the BBC site it says ‘Players were given contracts Scholes knew nothing about’

If we believe KR did something similar happen at OUFC re Hanson?

Everyone in football knows about the Oldham owners desire to get into the day to day. I'm surprised someone so smart took the job

It sounds like Scholes thought he was a big enough name, and a big enough catch for Oldham, that the owner would actually finally agree to take a backseat whilst he was in charge.

Hasn't happened, so off he goes. I would imagine the Oldham fans are not exactly enamoured with Lemsagam at the moment!

It sounds like Scholes thought he was a big enough name, and a big enough catch for Oldham, that the owner would actually finally agree to take a backseat whilst he was in charge.

Hasn't happened, so off he goes. I would imagine the Oldham fans are not exactly enamoured with Lemsagam at the moment!
Scholes has just had a bigger education in lower league football that any top level player could get. Your name only gets you so far when someone idiot controls the purse strings.

Scholes has just had a bigger education in lower league football that any top level player could get. Your name only gets you so far when someone idiot controls the purse strings.
Its rare , very rare that a decent top level player makes the jump to become a successful manager at any efl/championship/pl level. Of course there are exceptions but they are these becoming fewer and fewer. ..... decent playing career in the top flight does not, no matter how qualified as a coach, often equate to a decent n succesful manager.....all appointing a former name player as head coach/manager does is sell few extra st's and generate a bit of press coverage short term. With interfering or control freak owners what chance has any 'wow' appointment really got in todays game ? ....oufc included !

Last edited:
A mate of mine is a season ticket holder at Oldham and has been for 41 years, he has never seen such disarray at the club, gas cut off, no coach to go to away games, and rumours the owner has his favourite players he want to play. They think that the supporters will always go to the games, they might be in for a surprise next season as many are saying they will pick and choose what games they will go to.

A mate of mine is a season ticket holder at Oldham and has been for 41 years, he has never seen such disarray at the club, gas cut off, no coach to go to away games, and rumours the owner has his favourite players he want to play. They think that the supporters will always go to the games, they might be in for a surprise next season as many are saying they will pick and choose what games they will go to.
Maybe, just maybe mind,things at oufc arent quite as bad as they seem and have seemed for the last year or so at oufc?....well, compared to oldham at least

On the BBC site it says ‘Players were given contracts Scholes knew nothing about’

If we believe KR did something similar happen at OUFC re Hanson?

Where have you got this from? My recollection is KR gushing that this was his most expensive ever signing and piling a load of pressure on the young lad. Then that he had found his perfect position in defence.

Where have you got this from? My recollection is KR gushing that this was his most expensive ever signing and piling a load of pressure on the young lad. Then that he had found his perfect position in defence.

After the Luton home loss where Hanson made errors, KR muttered that Hanson wasn't his signing. Thrown under the bus with some gusto. As for finding his perfect position in defence, the recent team sheets suggest otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom