Paul Moody

Couldn’t agree more with you Pete. I’d like to think it’s a good cause and I’d be one of the first to help.
It is an awful thing to suggest that one of our legendary players has been begging for money. Someone I know who follows Oxford very well knows Paul as a close friend and he would never behave in the way suggested.
I’m surprised anyone who purports to follow our club could suggest such a thing

Without having any knowledge of Paul Moody's current situation you decided he was begging. Appalling disrespect.
Im basing it on the information out in the public domain. It is begging. He by posting him self through his own pages is coming across as desperate. Why did you not answer my post about Dave Langan.

I saw this too - a shame if he's in trouble. Last I heard he was working as a decorator and seemed to be doing ok for himself, so I wonder what's happened..

Best someone actually checks this out as genuine as it's a bit vague to say the least - last I heard him and his missus had a health spa (or something) they were running together (in Bristol I think?). Wishing the best for Mr Moody - a tank who could conjure the sublime (Cardiff away is one of the best solo goals I have ever seen)

Hat-trick that day if memory serves.

Your memory serves correctly. That was a superb day to be an away supporter.
Great day out! But walking back to the car was a bit uncomfortable: a few gangs of the local lads looking for yellow scarves!

Likewise! Still take about that game. Ugly atmosphere on the way to the match, best hat-trick I've ever seen by an Oxford player (think we went 1 down first), kept in for 20 minutes at the end just to make sure the thugs knew who the away fans were, chased down the middle of the road by about 50 Cardiff fans, and given a lift back to the car by the police! The perfect away game. Attendance was only about 5,000, most of the lunatics didn't even go to the ground ....

I was lucky enough to meet Paul this season when he was guest of the club. A true, humble gent. And I have been lucky enough to meet a few ex-players.

Back
Top Bottom