Ex Player Paul Moody Podcast

Oxfordus

Thoroughly enjoyed listening to the podcast just posted on the Oxford United website. He was a cult hero for me during the promotion winning season 1995/1996. Really interesting to listen to his memories and opinions on on his team mates at the time. Nigel Jemson sounds like a right tosser.

I bumped into Moods at the away Portsmouth game this season and he was great to talk to. I emigrated to NZ shortly after the 1996 promotion season so really cherished being able to get a photo with him before the game.

A real gentleman. All the best Paul and thanks for the memories and all the goals!!

Last edited:
I listened to it too, as he was my first favourite player. The Jemson comment made me laugh, I am friends with him on Facebook and he occasionally comments on stuff, proper legend

A good listen. Seems well down to earth. I appreciated his honesty. How football has changed!!!

What a open honest bloke moods is , shows how despite having a great professional career he has had to deal with real issues in his own life mostly by him self , he hardly mentioned his time at other clubs which must have shown the affection he had first time round , his comments about wright and Atkins and life at the Kassam are spot on.

'saving' a watch/listen of the Moods podcast for tomorrow

The man is in my opinion a true legend and when I have met him on a few occasions a really nice guy. MOODY

Back
Top Bottom