League One Paul Lambert’s Ipswich future in doubt ?

Has a habit of going on a bit of rant around January, his way of asking for extra funds I think.

That just comes across as an honest answer to a reporter's question which the reporters either failed to understand or didn't get the answer they wanted. They kept asking the same question in a slightly different way for however long that bit of interview went on for. His answer was pretty straightforward to me, a manager's lot is precarious which the reporters tried to blow it up into something different.

That just comes across as an honest answer to a reporter's question which the reporters either failed to understand or didn't get the answer they wanted. They kept asking the same question in a slightly different way for however long that bit of interview went on for. His answer was pretty straightforward to me, a manager's lot is precarious which the reporters tried to blow it up into something different.

Yeah, but saying "I don't care if I'm gone tomorrow" is a bit different from acknowledging the reality that football can be cut-throat.

Got to say I don’t agree. Firstly, repeatedly saying ‘I wouldn’t lose any sleep over leaving, I could walk out tomorrow, or today, who would stop me, I’m not bothered’ etc is disrespectful and shows someone who doesn’t care. I want anyone in a job that they care about and are trying hard in to actually care if they carry on or not.

Also, in this day and age, he knows that by saying things like that he will create speculation. He could have just said ‘well, any manager could be sacked, I understand that’ and left it at that, but he must have known how it would come across and what impression it would give.

In response to the 2 posts above.

I think he got sick of the same question being asked over and over and I don't think it is the 1st time he has faced such a question recently from the same journalists either.

Back
Top Bottom