League One Paul Lambert leaves Ipswich 'by mutual consent'

Darren Moore departs Donny too.

That’s a MApp style move. Undoubtedly a bigger club but certainly far less better run than Doncaster. The last five games aside, Doncaster had been performing admirably.

Sheffield Wednesday have got massive potential but as with all Yorkshire clubs rapidly lose patience when things are not going right.
Good luck to him.
Paul Lambert can retire now. Ipswich supporters were calling for him to go when I went with United for their game last season.
Paul Lambert with his money could now maybe buy Colchester united

May see Donny fall down the table now. Also on poor form a bit like us since the end of January.

unfortunately winning is a habit, but so is losing, and we need to work harder in training, and on the pitch come match day.

We still have a great chance to make the top six, but I think we may fall short this time around.

Darren Moore departs Donny too.

That’s a MApp style move. Undoubtedly a bigger club but certainly far less better run than Doncaster. The last five games aside, Doncaster had been performing admirably.
Woops just started a thread on this, hadn't seen your comment.

That's two massive managerial moves for this division in a couple of days imo. Despite a recent blip Moore was doing very well at Doncaster, they'll likely struggle now. And it's probably for the best that we've played Ipswich twice already - their squad is better than their league position, and you get the sense that Lambert behind the scenes was completely toxic. With literally anyone else they'll probably start moving up the table. It's also almost certainly linked to the proposed takeover. If they don't go up this season, you can bet with that takeover finalising in the coming days or weeks they'll have some serious cash to splurge in the summer, and will be the team to beat in 21/22.

If theres tranfer windows for players, why not similar managers/ coaches too? :unsure:

Paul Cook has been appointed as the Ipswich manager.
Good choice.

Good choice.

Agreed. Paul Cook hasn’t done a bad job anywhere.

A contract until 2023 is a lot more sensible than the never ending contract Lambert seemed to be on too.

Good choice.

Given the usual managerial flux, it's pretty amazing that Paul Cook has been out of work all season so far.

Won League Two with Chesterfield, then got them into the League One playoffs in their first season (and just look what happened to them after he left!). Won League Two with Pompey. Then won League One with Wigan, and despite the club being an absolute financial basket case, would have had them mid table in the Championship if it wasn't for a massive points deduction.

I don't know that he's got time to turn it around for Ipswich this year (his track record suggests his clubs have more of a slow build to success than a Day One turnaround) but I'd look out for them next year.

Fair to say that Lambert earned the sack, mind. There's a big gap between Championship & League One these days, so any decent sized club that comes down has a big advantage. Other than the financial disasters, and of course Sunderland, I think Ipswich have done the worst out of any of those bigger relegated sides since we've been in the division.

Agreed. Paul Cook hasn’t done a bad job anywhere.

A contract until 2023 is a lot more sensible than the never ending contract Lambert seemed to be on too.
Lambert was just over one year into a 3 year deal, having been relegated in his 1st year when he was bizarrely handed a new 5 year deal after a decent start to the season in L1.

Lambert has walked away with enough money for him to not worry, someone even suggested yes on his way to Celtic having played for them and apparently revered in that neck of the woods

I assume one of the attractions for prospective employers of Lambert is his experience of playing in German? Have to say whenever I have heard interviews I have been totally underwhelmed. Complete mystery to me why Ipswich invested in the bloke. Paul Cook likely to be a more than adequate replacement IMO.

Back
Top Bottom