General Paul Heaton

Yes, but then I don't rate Dylan. Not as good as Curtis, Anderson, or Yorke. (imo)

has Paul Heaton been in Magic Roundabout then? :sneaky:

better singer than (Bob) Dylan IMO ... and write decent songs too

has Paul Heaton been in Magic Roundabout then? :sneaky:

better singer than (Bob) Dylan IMO ... and write decent songs too
Depends where you are in life. Both absolutely majestic.

To quote... We need war on greed not poverty.

53da09902917f7adaf6fbcde7d961bba.gif

So disappointing that he has made it impossible for me to listen to the Smiths now given his support for extremist parties. At least Marr continues to be a decent sort.

Weird

It’s an individual’s choice as to whether they wish to support people who promote fascists.

Why deprive yourself of the greatest band that’s ever graced the earth just because Moz says a few controversial things every now and then?

Why deprive yourself of the greatest band that’s ever graced the earth just because Moz says a few controversial things every now and then?

Well firstly because I can still listen to The Beatles without a problem [emoji6]

But with Morrissey, it has tipped from him making the occasional insensitive comment, to actively promoting a fascist party in interviews and inexcusable actions such as wearing a badge to promote them in public appearances. Everyone will have their own position on this, but I can’t now justifiably financially support him (albeit in a minuscule way) by streaming or buying any more of his music.

I love Hatful of Hollow as much as the next person, but I don’t want to see or hear from him ever again until he apologises and condemns his current support for disgusting and dangerous far-right politics.

Back
Top Bottom