General Paul Heaton

I kind of needed that. Restores your faith and all that.

I kind of needed that. Restores your faith and all that.
I may have a watch of Heaton later (if its still avail?) .... I watched Stone Foundation's previously unseen stream of their entire show ( along with 15k+ others) filmed in Hamburg's Mojo Club exactly one year ago yesterday

It was the first time they performed their forthcoming single 'Changes' ( out June 7th) live...... spookily, Stone Foundation's current single , The Light In Us (featuring Acid Jazz artist Laville) went straight into the UK singles chart at number 2 - missing out narrowly to the Pet Shop Boys for the number 1 slot on Friday May 1st

95824410_10156758854382047_1425696526843248640_n.png

Sound file for The Light In Us ....

I may have a watch of Heaton later (if its still avail?) .... I watched Stone Foundation's previously unseen stream of their entire show ( along with 15k+ others) filmed in Hamburg's Mojo Club exactly one year ago yesterday

It was the first time they performed their forthcoming single 'Changes' ( out June 7th) live...... spookily, Stone Foundation's current single , The Light In Us (featuring Acid Jazz artist Laville) went straight into the UK singles chart at number 2 - missing out narrowly to the Pet Shop Boys for the number 1 slot on Friday May 1st

View attachment 3577

Sound file for The Light In Us ....
Sarge Im totally confused, I admit to being a bit of a dinosaur now but whats that chart of? Looks like anything around 1988?? I obviously need educating ? Love that Stone Foundation tune though.

Sarge Im totally confused, I admit to being a bit of a dinosaur now but whats that chart of? Looks like anything around 1988?? I obviously need educating ? Love that Stone Foundation tune though.
apparently its THE official UK singles chart, including sales and downloads..... guessing, as we're in lockdown, a lot of 'old' faves are being (re) obtained in more contemporary formats?

apparently its THE official UK singles chart, including sales and downloads..... guessing, as we're in lockdown, a lot of 'old' faves are being (re) obtained in more contemporary formats?
Bloody hell. Long gone are the days of listening in and recording it on a Sunday night ( trying to cut out the dulcet tones of Gary Davies..) obviously.. ?

What happened to Captain (now Colonel) Tom's tune?
Answering my own question he is down to No.21 already.

However, the "Official Chart" didn't look much like the one from @Sarge .

Last edited:
Is this a competition to see who can make the stupidest post?

the guy who said Morrisey is better than Dylan is narrowly winning

Bob is miles better than any of these muppets mentioned

I can't stand musical discussions where people say with complete certainty that Artist A is 'better' than Artist B!

No - one may be more to your taste than the other, and that is all you can say. For me, I prefer early Dylan to his later offerings - for others it may be the reverse. I probably listen to The Smiths (not Morrisey on his own!) more often than either. There are many many other artists who appear more regularly on my playlists than either Bob or the Smiths. Surely the joy of music is that there is something for everyone but at the same time nothing suits everyone!

What happened to Captain (now Colonel) Tom's tune?
Answering my own question he is down to No.21 already.

However, the "Official Chart" didn't look much like the one from @Sarge .
given the singles charts these days bear little resemblance to the 'golden eras' of 60s/70s/80s, and some weeks as few as 5k (or less ) sales/downloads can get a chart placing, any wonder singles charts on a week to week basis bear little resemblance to the previous weeks chart placings ?

Back
Top Bottom