League Cup Pathetic and childish again

weren't they warned about these sort of shenanigans before when they wouldn't put there name on the program cover.
idiots

Didn't they also use the new rules that don't require clubs to produce a matchday programme for all games as well, not producing one so not having to put their name in full on it either.

My oh my, they really are a right bunch of personalities aren't they? A bunch of wallies managed by a Wally.

Yet we paragons of virtue insist on calling our rivals ‘scum’ and unveil an enormous banner with the debowelling of their mascot by ours. I’m in favour of both of these btw but aren’t we throwing stones from our transparent abode here?

And whatever you say about the scum, I think AFCW have a bigger axe to grind with MK given the events of the past 20 years.

Yet we paragons of virtue insist on calling our rivals ‘scum’ and unveil an enormous banner with the debowelling of their mascot by ours. I’m in favour of both of these btw but aren’t we throwing stones from our transparent abode here?

And whatever you say about the scum, I think AFCW have a bigger axe to grind with MK given the events of the past 20 years.
We did that. Us. The fan base. The club are professional and friendly to our neighbours, as they should be. AFC Wimbledon are doing this as a club, something OUFC, or any other club, wouldn't do.

I'm surprised you can even compare the 2 as they are vastly different things.

If it grinds them then let them do it, its how rivalry's are built.
Stuff "professional & friendly" MK are a shell of a Club that "played by the rules" at the time to buy a league space and have found their natural level.
And maybe the scoreboard was broken and there was an economic decision not to print programmes.... ?

We did that. Us. The fan base. The club are professional and friendly to our neighbours, as they should be. AFC Wimbledon are doing this as a club, something OUFC, or any other club, wouldn't do.

I'm surprised you can even compare the 2 as they are vastly different things.
I’m sure the club had to sanction the displaying of the enormous banner. That’s them with us, the fan base.

AFC forget that they failed to support their club in the first place. Rubbish crowds meant they couldn’t afford to redevelop Plough Lane so they had ground shared at Palace. Their local council wouldn’t help so they were forced to sell up. Along come Milton Keynes with a large populace and pick up the reins. If anyone has a gripe about that, it should be with the league, the old owners and Merton council, not MK.
MK Dons have been a club for 15 years, so there are adults out there who have been supporting the club since being kids. They have a fan base. They have a magnificent stadium and get larger crowds than the old Wimbledon did. A visit to their place is very enjoyable.
I actually think it’s time for MK to drop the “Dons”. They get crap from AFC, so remove any last memories of them in the bin. MK City, MK Rovers, MK Rangers etc.
AFC should also be warned, that one more churlish act and they will be fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour. We’ve seen plenty of that from the thugs on the pitch.

I’m sure the club had to sanction the displaying of the enormous banner. That’s them with us, the fan base.
It's just not the same thing at all. Now if the scoreboard had called them 'S*****n' or similar, then you'd have a point.

Having given you my opinion on that, you do raise an interesting thought. One for one of the Ultras, did the club have much contact with you with regards banner designs? Were there any discussions with regards the Swindon one in particular? Any ideas get turned down? I would suggest that if the banners were from an "official" club group instead of an independent fans collective then that particular design wouldn't have made it through...

AFC forget that they failed to support their club in the first place. Rubbish crowds meant they couldn’t afford to redevelop Plough Lane so they had ground shared at Palace. Their local council wouldn’t help so they were forced to sell up. Along come Milton Keynes with a large populace and pick up the reins. If anyone has a gripe about that, it should be with the league, the old owners and Merton council, not MK.
MK Dons have been a club for 15 years, so there are adults out there who have been supporting the club since being kids. They have a fan base. They have a magnificent stadium and get larger crowds than the old Wimbledon did. A visit to their place is very enjoyable.
I actually think it’s time for MK to drop the “Dons”. They get crap from AFC, so remove any last memories of them in the bin. MK City, MK Rovers, MK Rangers etc.
AFC should also be warned, that one more churlish act and they will be fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour. We’ve seen plenty of that from the thugs on the pitch.
MK Franchise would reflect their short history best ... IMO ;)

I know a few Wimbledon fans and what they feel for MK Dons goes way beyond rivalry. It's proper hatred. They're not letting it go any time soon, though they definitely should. If MK dropped the 'Dons', that would go a long way to reducing the hate, so I'm told.

On another note, why do we have to refer to them as 'AFC' Wimbledon these days? There's no confusion over who they are or that it's a reformed club. No one says AFC Bournemouth. It annoys me more than it should.

Winkelman cares very little about that. MK Dons ticket sales are a small part of his income. He owns the neighbouring cinema / restaurant complex and MK1 shopping park, Hilton DoubleTree pay rent for their hotel built into the stadium, and miscellaneous concerts, rugby matches and conventions add to his pocket.

I've been to a lot of meetings and functions at the stadium and stayed in the hotel a few times. It's a very good venue that shows how that model can work. Definitely what our owners should be looking at (and I'm sure they are).

I know a few Wimbledon fans and what they feel for MK Dons goes way beyond rivalry. It's proper hatred. They're not letting it go any time soon, though they definitely should. If MK dropped the 'Dons', that would go a long way to reducing the hate, so I'm told.

On another note, why do we have to refer to them as 'AFC' Wimbledon these days? There's no confusion over who they are or that it's a reformed club. No one says AFC Bournemouth. It annoys me more than it should.

Old folk still use AFC..... ? ? ............. Sunderland, Bournemouth, Wimbledon.....

I've been to a lot of meetings and functions at the stadium and stayed in the hotel a few times. It's a very good venue that shows how that model can work. Definitely what our owners should be looking at (and I'm sure they are).

I was lucky enough to get comp tickets to the last league game (thanks Karl!) and it’s an unbelievable setup they have going on
. It’s very well run as well and they have done very we employing within the local community. It’s obvious to most that MK are everyone’s second team in MK bit as an area and residing close to it, I personally think it’s got a lot going g for it and the local councils certainly invest and put good amounts of money into various schemes for the locals.

As for AFC Wimbledon. No time for them whatsoever these days. Back in the day yes, but now, no. They are childish, petulant and hypocrites.

Technically they are a different club. Wimbledon F.C were officially dissolved in 2004 and became the MK Dons. It's no different to teams folding and becoming 'phoenix clubs' e.g. Aldershot become Aldershot Town, Chester City become Chester F.C. etc

Back
Top Bottom