Parking fines in Oxford - Tabloidtastic

Marked Ox

God like member
http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/16...-you-are-most-likely-to-get-a-fine-in-oxford/

Is the author an ex-tabloid/wannabe tabloid reporter? The language used is ridiculous ("raked in" for instance), so one eyed an article and an utter failure in research.

To begin with if you buy the correct ticket you won't get a penalty charge, it really isn't difficult. If Worcester St is too expensive, can I suggest you go and park at the cheaper car parks like Oxpens etc, again not too difficult. The 1st isn't mentioned and the other isn't highlighted unlike the cash figures etc.

I'm a motorist and the "oooh poor motorists are attacked again by Council" narrative for this article is laughable. Funnily enough if I park in a pay & display then I pay the appropriate amount like the vast majority do. If not sure how long you'll be, build in leeway or come back and move to another car park. I reckon the vast majority of penalty charges will be people just trying to get away with it.

Councils don't "rake in" penalty fees as the fees can often just cover the cost of enforcing the tickets. He needs to look at both sides of the equation. Of course didn't ask that particular key question though as it would have ruined the bias of the article.

Councils make the actual income from the parking fees themselves not the penalty charges.

As for the Taxpayers Alliance where do they think Councils get money from to pay for vital services? Income from services is by no means a large proportion of Council funding but it is still important, especially since the Government has decimated the amount given in the central grant from them. More of the austerity cuts have been passed on to local council funding when compared to Central Govt funding.

"Driver James Possel-White, of Witney, who the Oxford Mail spoke to in Worcester Street, said he had narrowly avoided a fine when his ticket came close to running out. "

That is a f*****g great story. Bravo.

You may laugh, but that can be quite traumatic. I am thinking of starting a support group for members of the yellowsforum community who have survived this abuse. Please PM me asap if you want to join a meeting on Thursday at 6pm - don't leave it till the last minute.

where is this meeting and how long will it last? I need to make sure I have the right change for the car park and can afford a "contingency purchase"

"Driver James Possel-White, of Witney, who the Oxford Mail spoke to in Worcester Street, said he had narrowly avoided a fine when his ticket came close to running out. "

That is a f*****g great story. Bravo.

You may laugh, but that can be quite traumatic. I am thinking of starting a support group for members of the yellowsforum community who have survived this abuse. Please PM me asap if you want to join a meeting on Thursday at 6pm - don't leave it till the last minute.

I’ll forward on my questions for Sarge to ask on my behalf if that’s OK. Can you reserve him a parking space please.

I’ve just got one word to say on this topic…

Ringgo

Back
Top Bottom