Matches Papa John’s

Difficult to get excited about the prospect of a Wembley final given our recent form there and the fact fans can't go.

Sorry maybe I'm not explaining myself clearly.

The fans had an opportunity to show the club how important their survival through COVID was to them in the early stages of this tournament.
The club managed to make 1500 tickets available to the fans yet they only sold just over 1000 with many hiding behind the B team boycott and criticising others who attended to support their club.

It's possible I suppose that those fans are attracted by the increased prize money in the latter rounds but in order to get there you have to get through the earlier rounds and it would be easier to have a more direct input into the clubs coffers by selling out games when we are able to attend.
No hiding here. I don’t attend these games due to that very issue which is an important one regarding the future of the EFL imho. I don’t fancy the possibility of a game away to Sheffield United B in the league in a future season, give me Morecambe away over that any day of the week, it would kill lower league football and attendances would sharply drop. Haven’t been to or watched any IFollow versions of the games in this tournament ever but was a regular attendee at JPT games. I and those of a like mind should not be criticised for not attending these games.

I didn’t ask for a ST refund last season and bought our usual two STs this season to support the club in the full knowledge that I might not see any live football. I think I and those who do similar have shown our support for the club.

No hiding here. I don’t attend these games due to that very issue which is an important one regarding the future of the EFL imho. I don’t fancy the possibility of a game away to Sheffield United B in the league in a future season, give me Morecambe away over that any day of the week, it would kill lower league football and attendances would sharply drop. Haven’t been to or watched any IFollow versions of the games in this tournament ever but was a regular attendee at JPT games. I and those of a like mind should not be criticised for not attending these games.

I didn’t ask for a ST refund last season and bought our usual two STs this season to support the club in the full knowledge that I might not see any live football. I think I and those who do similar have shown our support for the club.
It's been discussed to death that, I know there is no changing your opinion...
I think we should have mustered more than 1k fans for the game given the circumstances even without people like you attending.

It's been discussed to death that, I know there is no changing your opinion...
I think we should have mustered more than 1k fans for the game given the circumstances even without people like you attending.
But we didn’t which rather proves the competition’s limited appeal and the strength of feeling that many have about it - this after a period of months without available live football.

I have heard any official announcement about television coverage of this game yet. Someone said that it would be on Sky but there has been nothing on the club website to my knowledge.

To answer my own question with Google

To answer my own question with Google

I thought I'd seen it was on Sky however the TV guide doesn't have it listed and neither does the Sky Sports Scores app but they mention it here. Strange..

Back
Top Bottom